quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Losing Hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 1:10 AM    Post subject: Losing Hope Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I have been feeling bad health wise for most of this month and it had been coming on slowly even before then. I went to the doctor today and still don't know much except I've got to monitor my blood pressure a few times a week for a few weeks and have more blood work done. I was just thinking late tonight what some of my problem has become, and that is that I don't have much hope to cope. Even though I still believe there is something physically wrong with me there follows depression on count of never feeling good. The depression is hard to overcome because of not having that hope to cope. I was feeling very sad last week but this week just blah along with this whoozy feeling and headaches.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 8:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear you're feeling so badly, Barb. Hope the doc comes up with something that he/she is able to treat. In the meantime, listen to up-beat music, get outdoors as much as possible and just do anything to make yourself enjoy God's beauty. Meantime, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 11:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, Jo is right. Even if you don't feel like it, get outside and take some deep cleansing breaths. Try to focus on what IS good in your life. Even one small positive thought can make a big difference. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to wait for medical test results and for the doctors to "practice" on us, but we have to stay upbeat...our attitude can definitely affect how we feel.

You CAN cope...I know you can!

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 1:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, I sure know what you mean about depression when you have an illness (especially if you're not even sure what you're dealing with). When you can't overcome the illness and you can't accept it, depression sure can set in. I guess finding the right meds, the right amount/kind of exercise and right foods can just be overwhelming sometimes.
We just gotta keep working toward the best life we can at this stage of our lives.
Hanging in there with you,
Kaye
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 2:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((barbara)))

i think jo, rusty, and kaye have given you some good tips, barbara; nobody's life is perfect: we all have some good and some bad, and it's just as easy to concentrate on the good as it is to concentrate on the bad (although granted, it is harder to concentrate on the good when you feel bad physically)...

if it's hard to do things physically that make you feel good, maybe you can do things that mentally make you feel good, like reading a good book, or doing a crossword puzzle, or watching a really silly movie (i find it's hard to feel bad physically when you're laughing).

hope the blahs go away soon.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 7:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. I did go out today which helped a lot. But what really helped perk me up was to pick up my camera and I realized how much I missed taking pictures. I saw a plane go by low this afternoon and that had me in awe. I had forgot what had really made me happy. I love the outside but with my allergies it is not too good to go out this time of year. I have upbeat music playing today. I still don't feel so hot physically but more upbeat tonight than last night.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 9:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps how your feeling is from your blood pressure??
Im sure they will figure it out, but some of those seem like
that could be the symptoms.
please keep us posted.
you already got some good advice here.

My avatars name is moon ray
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 9:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are feeling better today, Barbara. Going outside with a camera is a great idea! And if you can't go outside, there's always inside! Take pictures through the windows. Great music is always good, too.

Rusty Very Happy

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Genevieve

Quit Date:
February 6, 2008

PostPosted: April 13, 2008 11:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to hear that today is a better day...

Everyone has given you good thoughts, ...it is magical just what music can do.
Planting flowers in flower pots or in the yard, is also an idea...sometimes feeling the soil (ouch, you said you had allergies) maybe not flowers but plants for the house?

I have seen some of your pictures posted here, you really have a good eye and the best part is that you enjoy it.

Today is a present for you,

Genny
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 14, 2008 7:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((((((Barb)))))))) I know how debilitating that depression can be especially when dealing with a illness Hang in there my freind and you can beat this...I am here just a phone call away.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2008 4:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there Barbara - sending good thoughts your way....and prayers too! (((Barbara)))...one day at a time!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 15, 2008 8:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you everyone. Gene, I have been taking pictures of my neighbor's kitten for the past few days and it has me on top of the world. Thank you for the compliment.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: