quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

so very tired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breez

Quit Date:
May 12, 2009

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 12:54 PM    Post subject: so very tired Reply with quote

Hello all..
I am doing just fine on my quit(not as hard as I thought it would be)
My only problem is I can not sleep.I am so tired.... Confused
I have to get up early everymorning & I am so tired!
Before I go to bed I lye down & read for an hour or so.But I can not fall asleep.I know it will pass,but I miss sleeping!!! Has anyone had this problem? And if so what did you do?
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 2:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Tired, can't sleep. Tired, can't sleep. Viscious circle.

And there may be other things going on too. For me, I've got menopause (or peri) in the mix.

As far as sleep aids go, I've not been willing to try the prescription route (yet.)

Melatonin seemed to exacerbate "strange" dreams...including smoking dreams. (Don't freak if you have some of those - come here and post about it - it's not uncommon)

The BEST natural sleep aid I came across (that worked well for me) was Valerian Root. It's sold in the supplements section of health food stores or pharmacies. IMO, it tastes and smells really, really bad. But it WILL put me to sleep for at least 4-5 hours comfortably (as compared to fretfully).

Getting a "good" night sleep really was an issue for me at first, so if you are trying non-prescription alternatives, and Melatonin doesn't ring your bell, I would at least give Valerian root a try.

DG
Whatever it takes to QUIT!

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 7:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goji juice works for me for everything....it is a natural juice made from the goji berry...it has a wonderful calming effect but not to interfere with daily routines etc....go to www.genesis.com and click on goji 100 to read about all the benefits...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 7:32 PM    Post subject: and in the over the counter meds Reply with quote

And in the off the counter meds there's a little product my hubby found useful called Simply Sleep. Really nice little relaxer that's not habit forming non narcotic. He used it a few nights and his sleepless went away.

Of course this is all just the changes your body goes through shedding the nicotine and poisons of years of abuse. And that's not to mention old Nicodemon he'll try anything to get you back - he's like a bad lover - always making promises he cannot keep. Just don't believe it.

This too shall pass. Hey just be glad you cannot sleep instead of having the quit smoking farts... did I say that? Oh yep I did..... -Wink and you might get those too.... not to worry they also pass..... and I mean that!

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Breez

Quit Date:
May 12, 2009

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 7:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got those. But they are gone!!!! Embarassed
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 20, 2008 8:36 PM    Post subject: Breez Reply with quote

There was a thread here about sleep problems just a couple weeks ago or less. Maybe you can find it. There were lots of tips.

My tip is Chamomile tea. It works, and I sometimes have hardcore sleep problems.

You are doing awesome! Great confidence in your 'voice'.

Kaye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: