quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The stress of marshmellows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 25, 2008 9:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the bioidentical hormones in the trochee form (gel) that dissolves under my tongue at bedtime....he added something to help me sleep and boost the sex drive...he told me if it was me it should fix it....if it was hubby I was going to get into trouble... Laughing Laughing man, I love this stuff...all the symptoms are gone and the ole body is shifting around to look somewhat familiar again.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: June 26, 2008 10:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, I truly can't WAIT to get started. In fact I have to call doc today because I should have had a phone call from the pharmacy by now but haven't. She was telling me how when she put the hormone creams on for the first time, she could literally feel the "fog lifting" from her brain right away. (of course that assumes that a foggy brain feeling is one of the symptoms one has!!)

Did you experience anything like that - some sort of change that you could feel right away?

Interesting about the gel under the tongue. That makes sense as that would be another place on the body where you could get the stuff directly into your blood stream without going through the stomach acids.

Mr. Doggy is anxiously awaiting some improvement in the sex drive department.....(well, and me too!)

My sleeping is continuing to improve each night just with the small dose of Armour I'm on. Either I finally got totally exhausted enough to sleep, or she is right that the Cortisol was keeping me awake, and that starting to fix the Thyroid is helping the Cortisol levels. Whatever the reason, I was grateful to only wake up one time in the middle of the night last night (THAT is a new world record in recent history..).

I'm so glad we can talk about this stuff here!

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 26, 2008 12:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a sense of calm and well being I had not been feeling...the hot flashes stopped immediately...I slept like before kids Surprised , my boobs became fuller and YES, the sex drive came back within the first week!
Kay

Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: July 8, 2008 11:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm late in posting an update. Not only am I started, but we've already made the first adjustment in the effort to optimize everything.

I've gone from 1/2 grain to 3/4 grain of Armour Thyroid. (she is a big believer that no matter what she thinks the optimal dose will eventually be, you start with a very small dose, and titrate up in small increments no more than once every two weeks)

My progesterone dose overall didn't change, but we moved more of it to evening and less of it in the AM which is helping me sleep better at night, and enjoy higher energy levels during the day (YEAH to both!!) She upped the estrogen a little bit too. I'm feeling better all the time and I can tell that my metabolism is coming to life again as I am eating and exercising the same way I was, but Mr. Eville Scale is being a LOT nicer to me over the last few days!!

I'm confident we are on the right track and I am SO SO SO happy I'm doing this!!

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: July 9, 2008 7:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What great news.....you sound so happy....keep us updated.
P.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 9, 2008 9:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK I ENJOYED THE SLEEP THE MOST Laughing Laughing I WAS SO EXHAUSTED FROM WAKING UP SWEATING AND FEELING LIKE I WAS ON FIRE....NOW, IF THAT BLAME GREAT DANE WOULD STAY ON HIS SIDE, I WOULD NEVER GET HOT......HE IS LIKE A HEATER AND A HOG OF THE BED TO BOOT!

THE NEXT THING I ENJOYED WAS KNOWING THAT I WAS NOT GOING CRAZY AND THAT MY MIND WAS NOT GOING TO MONTANA WHILE MY BODY WAS HEADING TO THE BEACH...... Laughing Laughing I STILL FORGET WHAT I AM SAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF A SENTENSE BUT NOW, I JUST LAUGH AND SAY " WELL, PICK YOUR OWN ENDING." Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
KAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: