quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Secret smoker causes fatal coach fire.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: November 5, 2008 9:39 AM    Post subject: Secret smoker causes fatal coach fire. Reply with quote

BBC news report stated [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7709616.stm]
Quote:
An inferno has killed 20 people and injured 12 others, most of them elderly, aboard a coach on a motorway near Hanover in northern Germany.

Police believe the fire started in the toilet and engulfed the coach in seconds. A burning cigarette is thought to have caused it.

Quote:
"Someone was smoking secretly in the toilet and that's what started the fire. It happens," said Oliver Pehl, whose mother owns the coach company.

Truly shocking, and I know that the smoker would not have intended it, but could not manage to complete a coach journey without feeding his/her addiction.

Its not just health risks that make smoking dangerous its that you are quite literally playing with fire.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2008 10:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm numb right now. What sobering thoughts of all the people who perished, and the emotional upheaval their loved ones are feeling. And to think it was all due to smoking. And not only them, but also the deep emotions the person trapped in the addiction must be feeling inside.

So many lives affected both ways...all due to addiction.

And I say, again...addict? I wouldn't harm anyone....oh really? I hate with a passion that this truth is so vividly depicted in a story like this one. But, unfortunately...it's the cold hard fact.

Thanks Nic! It shows the seriousness of the addiction.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
chilly101

Quit Date:
October 10, 2008

PostPosted: November 5, 2008 10:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Nic you are so right,this is truly shocking . If this had been caused by an addict of any other drug due to the fact they "had " to feed their habit there would be a public outrage!!
Yet because its smoking the reaction is - It happens!!

If im being honest it would probably have been my reaction a month or so ago. Im glad i can judge these things from a more educated standing now.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 5, 2008 11:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

horrifying.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 6, 2008 2:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

saddens my heart....the smoker....when he finds freedom, there still will be the pain of what his addiction caused....I can't imagine living like that.

many prayers need to be sent up and we need to thank our lucky star we are free....and safe!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 6, 2008 7:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very sad story...I agree that many prayers need to be prayed for everyone whose life has been touched by this preventable disaster.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: November 7, 2008 5:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely aweful I feel for all those involved in this story INCLUDING the smoker whose addiction started this horrific fire

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: