quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Handling Depression … Without Smoking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 12:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy - sending you a hug (((Tracy)))!!! Combine feeling low because of quitting and then throw in the element of holiday depression....make sure you are taking extra good care of yourself....and try for realistic expectations.... It can be overwhelming - so brush up on all of your coping tools...and put them to good use....it will get better!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 6:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kissimee wrote:
the feeling of lost and depressed is overwhelming at times...more than less.

i'm glad to read this article....it's nice to know you're not the only one.

*hugs* to you Kissimee things all have a way of working out in the long run since I have been here last so many things have happened my house will finally after way past 6 months of a tree falling on the back part & a swag of the most incompetent builders the insurance company sent will finally be finished this Friday apart from that I l lost my last kitty cat to kidney failure he passed away by euthanasia with his face in my hand I'm devastated & my health is blah..........but in the midst of all this I changed my mindset & in the 9th week of a new lifestyle eating exercising plan that is helping my pain & MS without pain drugs so I guess life loves to throw all sorts at us to see if we will fight & come out better & still not even thinking of a cigarette.

Take Care & if I can get through all this madness know that you are never alone !
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 11:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite amazing how you guys can read between the lines.

Yes, I revisited my reasons last night. It's not that I want to smoke but I don't want to be bitter either.

Logically my brain knows I'm not suppose to "want" anymore due to the addiction of nicotine is gone...so when I feel extra stressed and think about it...I think something is wrong with my quit.

and I know these are just lies you tell yourself....I'm good....just when little stress things in your life hit you, it seems harder to stay focus on the good.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 5:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy,
Part of my quit is as a result of trying to make better decisions so that I can enjoy the benefits of better decisions which I am hopeful can help me fight a long-supressed bout with depression. One of the coping mechanisms I've worked on is appreciating good decisions and actions I've made no matter how small they may be. I think of 10 things I did well each day. I lead the list every day with choosing not to smoke. I find this helps me remember to be proud of the accomplishment and the effort resulting in such a good decision!
I'm thinking of you! (((((Tracy)))))

Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 5:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone wrote:
...in the midst of all this I changed my mindset & in the 9th week of a new lifestyle eating exercising plan that is helping my pain & MS without pain drugs...

Simone - that is GREAT!!!! I'm so sorry you lost your four footed furry friend....you are a strong and determined woman...keep the positive outlook - your future is bright! Hope the house if really fixed and you can get on with your life!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: December 16, 2008 12:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mary Very Happy
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 13, 2009 4:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to read this after all this time.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
SeanBen

Quit Date:
January 1, 2012

PostPosted: September 21, 2012 3:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post ..It is really very nice to know this ..thanks for this post..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: