quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Burning Up and Got to Vent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2008 8:53 PM    Post subject: Burning Up and Got to Vent Reply with quote

UGHHHHH!!! Hot Flashes are the total pits!!!

Something I've noticed....any time I get near something warm, wham hot flash hits. Cuddle with hubby, or snuggle with little buddy, and the warmth seems to trigger one, and I have to move away. Tonight while doing the dishes...soon as I put my hands in the hot water, felt one coming on. It's been like this and it's getting mighty old. I get up cold in the middle of the night, but on my robe for warmth....and it doesn't take long...have to take the robe off. Rolling Eyes Get chilled put on a sweatshirt, wham...go change into a t-shirt Rolling Eyes Constant back and forth. Sweat pouring from the forehead, and the lack of sleep is getting to me. Up in the middle of the night, can't sleep because either too hot or too cold...or little buddy is taking up the whole bed. How long does this last?????? I've been dealing with this on and off for over a year and half. And it's been really severe the last 2-3 months.

Ok...don't even suggest the pharmacy thing...I know of it, but too expensive. Anyone had any sucess with herbs, etc....cause I've got to do something...before I totally go off the deep end. Noticed the mood isn't the berries either. Been keeping it at bay so far...that is no one has been mamed yet Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for letting me vent....just had to get it off my chest or explode...and don't want that to happen. Rolling Eyes

Hugs all....well, right now....a very friendly wave, cause contact would mean more heat...ughghhhh!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 23, 2008 9:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,
I can totally relate to your feelings and yes hot flashes are the pitts.....
I tried a two bottle combo from Riteaid that helped me some..it was not too expensive and you took one for daytime and one for nightime...it calmed and helped with the sweats....not like the bio's but it did help.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 23, 2008 9:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kay!

Yes, will definitely look for it!! Thank you so much! It's raining so hubby probably more than likely won't work tomorrow. So, tomorrow I'll take a trip without little one to Rite Aid and get some. Tried laying down to go to bed, but it's no use. I'm going to have to do some digging and get some info online on menopause. This has reached the point of enough, and need to do something.

Thank you!!!!Big Hugs!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: October 24, 2008 9:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, they also say soy is very helpful...so if you can't find what I was talking about and sorry can't remember the name of it...ask the pharmacist for help. Good luck!
Kay

londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: October 30, 2008 7:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Deb I thought you were talking about me! I've got the same thing you've got! I probably shouldnt' drink hot tea before bed, but boy I like my tea. I am such a habit forming person.

Hey Kay what is it you take for your menopause symtoms?

I will say this, 2 nites ago I did ask God to please let me get a good nights sleep with very little hot flashes. He answered. I said thank you. But last night I did not ask and I had a terrible night. (didn't help that my hubby had gotten the wood stove too hot! Laughing )

Another thing I do is pray. I figure well, if I can't sleep then I'll pray. I at least feel rested.

But man, the bags under my eyes aren't very pretty!

The joys of being a woman!

Blessings

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 31, 2008 12:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa Laughing Oh bless your heart...you too! Well, haven't made it to the drug store yet...but, do have the fan in the bedroom, ponytail holders to hike the hair up, and a flannel to put on when chilled, and remove when hot. If I get too blasted hot I step out on the porch in the cool night air. I'm like you with the tea...coffee instead, which I know sets off the hot flashes, but I love my coffee.

You pray and I study the Word Wink That's what I do..read and pray. Though, silly me, I've not asked for relief. Rolling Eyes Guess, I should. Maybe hot flashes at our age is God's way of getting us closer to Him in the night when it's quiet. Laughing Though some sleep would be rather nice! Told hubby the other day...you know what I would really like? A total night of uninterrupted sleep and no alarm in the morning. That would be bliss!

Hugs Londa!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: November 30, 2008 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Try layers of clothing for your hot flashes. I always wear short sleeves all year round but in the winter I'll have on a long sleeve shirt over my short sleeve one, and over that a sweater when I go out. When I get too hot I'll start shedding the extra layers of clothing.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 4:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Menopause Jewelry

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,
bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be
able to monitor my moods.

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it
turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a
big frickin red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond. Dumb ass.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 4:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 5:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla,

LOL, Men!

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 9:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla....love it!!!! That's about the way I'm feeling tonight Wink Laughing Laughing

Yep, Barb...I do wear the layers Very Happy It does help. The hot flashes have eased alot, but then again, the normal hormones have kicked back in for the time being Never know one month to the next....oh the joys of it all! Rolling Eyes Will it be a couple of months, three, one, longer? It's like hormonal russian roulette.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 1, 2008 10:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa, sorry to have just seen your question....I am on bioidentical hormones that the pharmacist compounds for me....they are great....in the past I used some over the counter products...one for day and the other for night...I got it at Rite Aid but cannot remember the name of it... Embarassed
Kay

Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 6:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be the year of menopause ,I am a new 'hot flasher' 2 months now & the test just came back positive Rolling Eyes I'm taking organic apple cider vinegar & a natural remedy called "Promensil' http://www.promensil.com/au/index.cfm

not sure if it's in the USA My GP put me onto it it's over the chemist counter I was also told to avoid black cohosh as it can cause liver damage...........nothings working as yet other than I have lost weight probably due to the sweating so much I can't sleep therefore I walk....what's sleep ? gosh I am up & down mood wise like a yoyo have read hot flashes can last up to 5 years !!!!

Carla !! that's hilarious
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 15, 2008 7:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla, you crack me up...get yourself back on these boards...laughter got me through so many rough spots... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: