quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DON'T PITY ME!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 25, 2008 11:20 PM    Post subject: DON'T PITY ME! Reply with quote

Scowling Demon I am starting to get tired of people making comments to me like, "I hope you got out today," and such other I feel sorry for you statements. I AM OKAY ALONE! I have it 100% better now than I did when I had family all around me all those past Christmases. I did get out today to eat for a brief time and I could have chosen to stay to drink but I chose to come home and be alone. I don''t have time to feel sorry for myself and I'm insulted for some to pity me because I did not spend my Christmas like THEY thought I should and not how I wanted to spend it. The very people that show to me that they pity me are the very ones who would not raise a finger to do anything about it. Is it guilt they feel by seeking me out to help them feel better about themselves? I know if I felt sorry for a friend I would take action and try to do something. I do not expect anyone to do that for me because I REALLY AM OKAY. Had I not wanted to be alone most of today I would have went to the nursing home. I go out every single day so today I was glad to be home most of the day.

I could very well have been with family I'm sure but I choose not to be. I choose to not subject myself to my family's ways as some of you may know why. I really am okay with my life. I'm not crazy about my neighborhood I have to admit but even that is better than what I had 3 years ago.

Thank you for letting me rant. I feel better now. Now to do some more shopping on that camera of mine I plan to buy.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 25, 2008 11:28 PM    Post subject: Funny I should read this next Reply with quote

Stinking thinking

1. Emotional perfectionism: " I should always feel happy, confident and in control of my emotions"

2. Emotophobia: "I should never feel angry, anxious, inadequate, jealous or vulnerable."

3. conflict phobia: " people who love each other should not fight"

4. entitlement: "people should be the way I expect them to be."

5. low frustration tolerance: "I should never feel frustrated,
life should be easy"

6. performance perfectionism: "I must never fail or make a mistake"

7. perceived perfectionism: "people will not love and accept me as
a flawed and vulnerable human being"

8. fear of failure: "my worthwhileness depends on my achivements,
(or my intelligence, or status or attractiveness)."

9. fear of disapproval or criticism: "I need everybody's approval to be
worthwhile"

10. fear of rejection or being alone: "If I am alone, then I'm bound to feel miserable and unfulfilled. If I am not loved life is not worth living."

Notice that #10 is exactly the one that some people in my 3D life think should be true the way I should feel.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 26, 2008 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good rant. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 27, 2008 12:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Kevin. It felt good to be writing it. I ordered my new camera tonight.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 27, 2008 1:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait to see some pictures when you get it! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: December 28, 2008 1:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many folks say Barabara, "it is your quit" it is for sure "your life".

Ok no suspense allowed here, what kinda camera did you order?
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: December 28, 2008 1:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, the great thing about your life is that it is yours! I'm with Jim, spill the info on the new camera!

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 12:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy i ordered myself a canon rebel xs with the smaller lens and a wide angle lens included. since i bought the camera from ritz camera i will be entitled to free lessons on how to use my new camera. i'll have to show my recipt once i get it and pick up the coupons for the free classes.

sorry bout the lousy tpying but my nails are wet and i don't want to mess them up.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 2:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((HUGS))) Barbara

I've lived the same life and I completely understand your rant...all my love to you and good for you for putting your foot down.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: December 29, 2008 6:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Tracy.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: