quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie Here - Have not quit yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 13, 2009 4:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dianne

Quote:
I have been really thinking to myself the last while, what the cigarette does for me…. I think part of it, is the “break” when I am really angry or upset, I leave the situation and go outside, and while I am smoking I assess the situation and often calm down and start thinking more rationally and make a plan to solve it and come back it more positive.

This was me! When this happens, you do deep breathing and inhaling but you are calming yourself...in actuality, your heart rate is increasing causing more stress on your body...BUT because you are inhaling long and deep (to get as much as you can from the cig) that you give that false sense of calmness.

Last Saturday, I took my first Yoga class....do you know what she said was the most important part of Yoga....deep breathing!!! Last Friday, I really wanted a cig....even went for a straw to give that faux feeling...anyway...I took that class and do you know I felt TONS better, I inhaled deeply...just not nicotine.

Just an idea....Deep breathing can be done anytime....maybe even start practicing now.

Didn't mean to ramble...I was just so excited and your post reminded me I forgot to tell my quitting friends.

take care!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: