quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ten days a non-smoker!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SarahTeechz

Quit Date:
January 22, 2009

PostPosted: February 1, 2009 7:00 PM    Post subject: Ten days a non-smoker!! Reply with quote

I thought I'd stop by to check in and update the boards on my now tenth day as a non-smoker. I'm amazed, and I feel great, overall.

I psyched myself out prior to quitting. I'd read so much information on how addictive smoking is, and how much of a difficulty people have with quitting, that I just worked myself up into a frenzy, even before my quit date arrived. I had a tough time sleeping, was waking up with horrible dreams, imagining myself smoking as a non-smoker, failing in my quit.

Then quit day came, actually it never did, as I quit a couple of days prior to my day...and went. I haven't even come close to picking up a cigarette. I think I'm fairly strong-willed and when I make a decision, I tend just to stick with it, regardless of difficulty.

I miss certain cigarettes. Others I don't miss at all. None do I miss enough to smoke again. I've worked through the lessons on FFS which have helped tremendously, as have the boards.

I still have trouble addressing my addiction as anything that's outside of my control. Lots of posts I've read talk about the nicodemon having control over us and the addiction enslaving us. I've tried to look at my quit as more of an "I got myself into this...I get myself out of it" process.

I can't even allow my thoughts to turn into how horrible my cravings and urges are, because somehow I feel that would give them power...which, is something I'm just not going to allow to happen.

Sooooo...long story long...I'm quit...I'm done. And now, I have my double digits.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday!

-Sarah
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 1, 2009 7:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Sarah! Welcome to double digits!
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Essie
4/14/04
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: February 1, 2009 7:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY SARAH!! great job!
keep your guard up though,
and stick around to let us know
how your doing!

My avatars name is moon ray
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 1, 2009 11:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're exactly right about getting yourself into it and getting yourself back out, sarah - you keep thinking in those terms: we are all responsible for our own choices. remember, it was repeated conscious choice that kept you hooked, and it's repeated conscious choice that will keep you free.

congratulations on your first 10 days of freedom! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 1, 2009 11:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTG Sarah!!! 10 days of freedom! Keep it going...you're taking control! Keep choosing smoke-free!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 2, 2009 10:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it going, Sarah. You're going to feel better and better as time passes. Congrats!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2009 11:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Way to go!!!

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

erickg23

Quit Date:
February 6, 2012

PostPosted: February 2, 2009 4:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Job Sarah.....

Keep it up!

Peace & Love, Peace & Love

Erick
SarahTeechz

Quit Date:
January 22, 2009

PostPosted: February 2, 2009 9:58 PM    Post subject: Thanks all Reply with quote

Wow, thanks very much for the awesome support! You're all great role models as well as inspiration for success.

Thanks very much!

-Sarah

I have been quit for 1 Week, 3 Days, 22 hours, 57 minutes and 49 seconds (10 days). I have saved $65.18 by not smoking 219 cigarettes. I have saved 18 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/22/2009 7:00 PM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: