quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No Smoking in Bowling Alleys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 5, 2009 11:59 PM    Post subject: No Smoking in Bowling Alleys Reply with quote

I love that I can bowl in a smoke free environment!! At least here in PA the bowling lanes are now SMOKE-FREE!! Its really much nicer to not have to bowl in a haze of smoke. My ladies league went to the state tournament in Lancaster this weekend - and it was fun!! The smokers were really anxious to try to get a smoke in between games - but having to go outside made it harder for them to get a quick fix. Wish I could say I bowled well - but I was barely making my average - oh well - it was still fun!

Hope you had a great weekend too! I surely did!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 6, 2009 9:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had such a good time, Mary. It seems that more and more places are banning the nicotine sticks and that's a good thing. Of course I wouldn't have thought so 5 years ago. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 8, 2009 12:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been so long since i bowled, i'm sure i'd be lucky to break 100. but i'll bet it's much nicer without the smoke! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 8, 2009 8:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most indoor public places in FL are smoke free. It is wonderful to go places and not breathe others smoke. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 9, 2009 1:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Mary I haven't bowled in ages and pprobably won't . It is so expensive here I don't bother with it any more. I am glad you had fun and all smoke free as well ^^

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2009 12:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary,

Here in Virgiinia they just passed a law that limits smoking in public places. A place has to have a separate ventilated room for smokers. If they don't then there is not to be any smoking unless the place is a private club. In my favorite hang out places there will not be smoking allowed as they do not meet the requirements. Since Richmond is the capital of Phillip Morris this was the best we could get.

I'm glad that you had a nice time bowling. I use to bowl a lot in my younger day. I remember bowling before the electronic score boards. I also remember how to count change back to someone without being told what the change should be. These days if something is wrong with the register the cashiers can not count the change back without a caculator. But then again I can not even comprehend some of what the kids these days learn in high school.

Kevin, people who don't bowl over a 100 get a great handicap. When you do bowl over a 100 and since you still get the same number for a handicap you really help your team.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 11, 2009 11:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary,

i went to that tournament in june. my sister and i did pretty well in doubles and i won 175 dollars.

i do love that there are no longer smokers at the bowling alley.

we also went to the national bowling tournament in reno. this is the kicker my sister and i won doubles in our division. we were bowling so far over our heads. i won 800 dollars! i don't think we're quite ready for the professional tour yet, maybe next year. ha

both times were alot of fun. its great to leave the husband home every now and again and go out with the girls.

all of these people that i go with are never smokers. its nice that they don't have to wait on me for a smoke anymore.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 12, 2009 11:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - congrats on your bowling triumphs! Very nice prizes! The trips usually are fun - and more fun if you bowl well! We'll see where we go next year! I can't believe bowling will be starting up by the end of the month! Nice to see you visiting the boards Wanda! And congrats on sticking with your quit - long term!! Very nice!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!

Last edited by Mary Dude on August 13, 2009 6:40 AM; edited 1 time in total
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 12, 2009 11:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations, wanda! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 17, 2009 1:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary Dude! I remember you from long ago. I am back in PA and I too love they have no smoking in bowling alleys and restaurants. When I left PA smoking was still allowed in some restaurants…here in this small town. Now none allow smoking. Very Happy

It is great to see you. It will take a little time for me to get to know some of the other non-smokers here. And those struggling.

Figtn4life

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: