quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chantix on Fox News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: May 8, 2008 12:13 PM    Post subject: Chantix on Fox News Reply with quote

I've noticed a few people with quits that had helped line the pockets of Pfizer execs (me included I'm sad to report). Ultimately, I am thrilled to be free of BOTH nicotine and Chantix and I am thrilled I was able to do it without causing harm to me or anyone else. I suffered minimal side effects in comparison to the possible side effects, but if I had realized the risk immediately and if I had found you all as well as Whyquit and ffs, I wouldn't have used it, I would have quit cold turkey. I am thankful that I did find Woofmang, and the other sites because if I hadn't I would not have learned the lessons necessary to beat the addiction. Those are the lifelong tools. Chantix was my pacifier. Is a pacifier worth side effects like suicidal ideation? Incessant itching? Blackouts (when coupled with 2 glasses of wine)? Bloating to a point far surpassing the descriptor "discomfort"? I could go on...I began to wean off of Chantix after only a week or so on it. I was scared of the feelings I felt so I started REALLY looking at what the people out in cyberspace were saying about Chantix. Honestly, I found Woofmang while looking for what people were saying about Chantix and you all gave me the courage and tools to wean off the drug while continuing to choose to stay smoke free. I did my homework a little late, but I did it, and I am so proud to say so. Anyway, I wanted to post a link to an article someone emailed me today on Chantix. John Polito is advocating cold turkey in the article. It reminded me how I found Woofmang and John and FFS. Anyone out there afraid who's on it or is thinking about it, please feel free to ask me anything about my experience on it. It seems to me that it is very dangerous and I don't want anyone getting hurt because the information wasn't presented. And choose life without the pacifier if you can, it's a lifelong lesson and one worth learning!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354521,00.html

Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
daggy12

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 11, 2008 6:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took chantex 9 months ago for 6 weeks. Yes It was my pacifier. I REALLY WISH I hadn't not taken it. I was messed up for months afterwards. But I made it through it and everyone survived lol.

Life can only be "understood" by looking backward, but must be "lived" by looking forward.

Patty
StuartH

Quit Date:
September 12, 2008

PostPosted: April 14, 2009 6:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Champix (it's name in the UK) also for 6 weeks at the start of my quit.
I went to the Doctor for a completely unrelated issue and he was giving me the usual lecture about smoking - you know, the one I had ignored a million times before!
But this time he suggested this pill - "like zyban, but works differently". I took some information and a few days later picked up a prescription.

Part of the Champix course is a series of diary tasks to do on their website and while I was online I started looking for other stuff about qutting and found an online community, and this provided the links to the materials I needed to educate myself against my addiction to nicotine (Woofmang was among them).

While on Champix, I never had a more serious side effect than nausea - so I can't comment on those and I am pleased I used it.

Why?
It gave me the strength to quit before I found it within myself. Of course, once I found it within my self I no longer needed the pills so I stopped taking them.
I don't think I would've taken the first step without the pills though - so I will forever be grateful to the health service and to Pfizer.

Totally tobacco free - Cannot guarantee nut free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > taking action All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: