quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just dropping in to say HELLO!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: July 29, 2009 4:20 PM    Post subject: Just dropping in to say HELLO! Reply with quote

Laughing I am still quit and my COPD is stable. I will soon start a regular work out program to help me keep it that way and I am looking forward to that. I regret that I have so little time to devote to anything these days! I am still working long hours, and finally in the middle of dental work! It is horrible what smoking has done to my bone loss much less the gums. I am very fortunate in that my quit is no longer difficult for me. I enjoy being a "quitter" and hope each of you get to that point. If you who can remember me, it was very hard in the beginning for me too and I had smoked for 40 years but once I really made up my mind and got past the addiction stage - it worked. Cold turkey is the only way that worked for me and I will never regret it for one minute. Now I am not and have never been a snob of any kind but I cannot believe how bad it smells on hair and clothing. I am proud that I no longer smell that way. Well, Mary Dude remembered my anniversary and sent me an email and I was pleased and surprised and thankful you are still here - Good Job Kevin and all the Kevin-aids. You guys are great and hope to be in touch more frequently. Mardi

He who would leap high must take a long run.
Danish Proverb -www.quotationspage.com
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 29, 2009 6:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go MARDI...as one COPD to another keep exercising and staying fit...way to go on staying smoke free...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: July 29, 2009 8:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! glad you stopped in!
hopefully we will see you
once in a while!

My avatars name is moon ray
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 29, 2009 9:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you're doing well, mardi! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 29, 2009 10:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mardi - I'm glad you stopped by - I can so clearly remember some of the senior quitters dropping in and posting occassionally when I was just getting going - and I know it helped me to know there were success stories that started at woofmang - I'm sure your post will inspire other more junior quitters! Take care of yourself - and good luck with the exercising - I think you'll love it once it becomes a habit! I feel very lucky to have ducked most of the smoker's illnesses - at least for now! Keep your quit strong - and take good care of yourself! Happy Lunaversaary!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 29, 2009 10:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mardi and Congratulations on staying quit. It is nice to see you here once again, hope you can drop by often. Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: July 30, 2009 12:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome and I am glad your COPD is stable atm You are ag reat quiter and isn't it awful what the smoking does to your teeth think if it does that to the teeth what iit does the body:0

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: