quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

School Grants and Loans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 9, 2009 5:53 PM    Post subject: School Grants and Loans Reply with quote

I am just livid. I cannot believe I just called the University of Alabama in Birmingham to report fraud on school grants and loans on not one but two people and was told they would have to call it in their self. It appears that I did not have a student ID number which would have required the person speaking on the other end of the line to have to move... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to look it up. This is what I was told by not one but two different women in two different departments... " I could not report this information it would have to come from the student...it was FEDERAL money that was loaned not the school's." I was given a sharp reprimand for even thinking of such....now one loan is for about 80 grand and no telling on the other...so hey if you want to be a criminal go to the UAB...they will not mind a bit having you enroll.
No wonder all the jokes are about BUBA...no one cares what is right or wrong anymore....this girl took her last check and beat it to Redlands, California....she is a pro for sure but not as smart as she thought....the car got repoed last week....a little bird found it... Embarassed
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: September 9, 2009 10:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Kay...rant away....don't keept all that bottled up!

I think my next phone call would be to a congressman or senator's office. Or a letter to the editor...after I called the office employees back and asked them to spell their name so I could be sure to get it right in my letter.....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: September 9, 2009 11:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay
Federal loan, means Federal Investigators, the FBI comes to mind, if they won't hear you out, the Department of the Treasury will, which means the Secret Service.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: September 10, 2009 10:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, yeah. What Mary and Jim said. Also, where I live, we have another option to letter to the editor, and that is our TV station. They give exposure to things like this especially when the feds or someone like that will be involved. They like to "scoop" it.
If you have a twitter account or blog or any kind of social media outlet, you should use it now!

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2009 2:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mary, Jim and Gidget...I thought when I got away from my sister 2 years ago, I was done. She was hospitalized in California for an overdose that I always questioned and now so is she. This is the same girl who got her to fire me as power of attorney and then took over her money...went through 120,000 in two years and now has dumped my sister in a nursing home in Ca...well, I begged the hospital to place her and not let her go back. This is a true nightmare...I told her I would take her down if I got the chance and if I don't go crazy trying...I will do just that. I have never known anyone who did not have any morals, conscious, or ability to adapt to society....unfortunately, I will also have to go after the two children who are caught up in this mess.
Kay

essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: September 10, 2009 9:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Sad Good luck, My Friend!

Essie
4/14/04
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 19, 2009 5:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE.....THE SCHOOL CALLED MY NEPHEW ON HIS CELL PHONE ABOUT HIS BEING ENROLLED IN COLLEGE IN CALIFORNIA?????? HEY, THERE IS A HIGHER POWER WORKING HERE...I NEVER GOT FAR ENOUGH WITH THE DUMMIES TO EVEN GIVE THEM THE CELL NUMBER...BUT SOMEONE ELSE DID! SO I SENT THEM THE ADDRESS BY MAIL ALONG WITH THE GIRLFRIENDS AKA'S....I THINK I AM BEGINNING TO SEE THEM SQUIRM...THE GIRLFRIEND EVEN CALLED MY SISTER TRYING TO WORM HER WAY BACK IN...NOW GET THIS...SAYING SHE WOULD COME AND GET HER OUT OF THE NURSING HOME!!!!!!...SO IF MY SISTER GOES THEN I WILL HAVE MY ANSWER WON'T I?
KAY

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 20, 2009 7:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

It would make me mad too. I see so much fraud where I live now. I have money and can not live like the ones getting public aid. I see the same very people jealous of me though for what I do have like Bobby. We have our dignity and they don't.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: September 20, 2009 1:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

BARB,
THIS IS BECOMING COMICAL NOW....THE NURSING HOME CALLED AND MY SISTER WAS ALL UPSET BECAUSE THE GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN WARNED THAT SHE MAY BE ARRESTED FOR FORGERY....UH, DO YA THINK??? IF SHE HAS OPENED BOGUS ACCOUNTS IN MY SISTER'S NAME, CASHED HER SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS, HER PENSION CHECKS AND WRITTEN BAD CHECKS ON MY SISTER'S ACCOUNT...THEN WHAT DOES SHE THINK ONE WOULD CALL IT???? AM I THE ONE WHO IS CONFUSED HERE? DIGNITY, IS NOT A WORD IN HER VOCABULARY, NOR IS HONESTY, HARD WORK OR HUMAN KINDNESS.
KAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: