quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hey there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex27

Quit Date:
November 4, 2009

PostPosted: November 11, 2009 9:08 AM    Post subject: Hey there Reply with quote

Hey there nice to join this amazing forum and community.

I have been reading the forum for some days and found It really helpful in my war against nicotine.

I quit smoking after 15 years , I am 28 and start smoking around 13.

I have been smocking 40 to 60 @#$ the day

I never tried to stop before , its my first attempt , and I am doing this cold turkey .

No nicotine replacements nothing

I am currently in the second week and feeling strong and confident , the only thing that scares me are those mind games that the addiction plays with me when I am at my best days.

The reason I quit is a bit complicated .

Although I can feel that smoking is slowly eating me inside , It doesn't affect me yet a lot due to my age.

I don't have yet any serious problem that will force me out of this addiction.

But

One thing I cant tolerate with my self is stupidity and lack of judgment.

My generation has been warned (unlike people that are now 50++) ,

Has been warned by a hole generation of traped people that suffer because of the smoking and have felt the lies of the tobacco company's and their dirty games their big money-traps .

My generation must listen decide and act , we have to end this dirty habit that makes trillions of dollars for some and death-misery for others .

The war with nicotine addiction must be fought now

Later may sometimes be to late.

Off course in this very short period of my new life as a non smoker i realized that I have been a slave of a chemical substance that manipulated me.

I realized that I can breath I can smell I can taste and finally I took back back my personality and mental stability.

@@Please excuse my long post and any errors in my syntax English is not my native language.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: November 11, 2009 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site, alex! and congratulations on taking back your freedom - keep it! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2009 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex ~ Welcome and Congrats on taking back your freedom. Quitting is very hard but very doable. I smoked 42 years and am now 5 1/2 years FREE and loving it. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but the thing I am most proud of. I fought the fight, I won, and I never want to turn back. You mentioned being a slave of a chemical substance, you are free now, keep fighting the fight!

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: November 11, 2009 10:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Alex! You are smart to quit NOW!!! It will never be any easier than it is right now...the mind games nico-demon Laughing Demon plays are pretty interesting - recognize the traps - and don't get tripped up by them!

Read and post and take it one day at a time! You've got a great start on your new smoke-free life! Keep it going! Congratulations - you are terrific quitter!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Alex27

Quit Date:
November 4, 2009

PostPosted: November 12, 2009 8:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your support ,

Each one of your words gives me courage to continue .

Each of you is a leading example for me .

regards

Alex
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: November 19, 2009 7:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ARE GETTING IT RIGHT IN YOUR MIND WHICH IS WHERE THE BIGGEST BATTLE TAKES PLACE. JUST KNOW THAT NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS YOU HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR...DO YOU REALLY WANT TO THROW THAT TIME AWAY....HECK, NO...EVERY MINUTE IS PRECIOUS BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY WE HAVE NOW DO WE?
kAY

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: