quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looks like a Great Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2010 12:25 AM    Post subject: Looks like a Great Year Reply with quote

Very Happy Well we're almost into the 3rd month of this year and I see a much better year for me this year than I've had in ages. I've been single almost 3 years now and boy have I done some changing. Some of you guys already know about some of the 1st changes.

My friend Bobby and I are doing good again and it is actually lasting for awhile again. I no longer keep expectations on him and I feel our friendship deepening. We're not boyfriend and girlfriend like last summer so that helps us being what really counts and that's friends. Don't get me wrong cause I'd love to get serious with him according to my heart but this time my brain is in charge and my brain says to keep it as friends. The biggest thing that seemed to cause most of our problems was due to my insecurties. Bobby seems to always come back to me and from that point I am able to continually learn and grow with him.

I have done some research into teaching the basics of a computer for cash in my own. I've come up with all kinds of ideas and have gotten some good advice. For starters I hope to teach the basics of the computer for free at a church for the experience and to have time to get my home business ducks in a row. I feel like now is the time I can do this after getting so many other things out of the way. I've moved away from all the drama of the old neighborhood freeing me up for myself more. I still have some old tapes sounding off saying I can not do anything, I am no good, etc., from my marraige but I deal by just moving forward anyway with a step at a time.

Life is good beyond the smokescreen.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 25, 2010 12:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope 2010 continues to be a good year for you Barbara! A positive perspective always helps!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 25, 2010 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 25, 2010 5:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you two. I've had something come up with my eyes which makes it hard to see so I will have to get that straight before I move on with my teaching or anything else that uses my eyes. It's hard to be online.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 25, 2010 6:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was in ny, i taught classes through a place called knowledge network; they put out a free paper and did all the advertising for the courses, and they split the registration fees with the instructors. here's their website, so you can see what i mean:

http://www.knowledgenetwork.org/

i think that particular place only operates in and around albany, but maybe there's something like it around by you.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 26, 2010 3:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you Kevin. I will for sure check it out when I can see better. Thank you so much for the link.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 26, 2010 3:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: