quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TGIF 3-12-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 12, 2010 4:47 PM    Post subject: TGIF 3-12-10 Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi all,

I haven't been in the mood to do a TGIF in a long time but I am back to feeling up to it.

How's your weather? It is raining here today and is suppose to rain all weekend long.

What good plans do you all have? Cocky and I are going out this weekend but we're not sure yet. He likes to go to the Flea Market and with my bad back I can't do that much walking and standing. If the weather would be nice I'd go with him and when I get tired I can to to the snack bar and rest. Cocky is so kind and considerate and easy going that I have no doubt whatever we do he will keep my bad back in mind.
Also this weeekend I will be getting ready for my eye surgery on the 23rd. I have to always be looking at my toes for 2 weeks and sleeping on my stomach for 2 weeks after surgery. I'm not suppose to have rapid eye movement or even look up for 2 weeks. I won't be able to get online but will likely have my sister contact you all to keep you informed and let me know about you all.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 12, 2010 10:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather here has been spring like all week ~ I love it! Once again we are hosting card club tomorrow night, I'm trying to use a green theme for St. Patrick's Day just for fun. With that as my motive I've managed to get a lot of my spring cleaning done and some with the windows open this week. It has been 60ish.

Barbara, I'm glad you have someone to keep us updated on your condition after surgery. I'll be watching for the updates and thinking of you. In the mean time, take care of yourself.

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 13, 2010 6:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essie, we have been having spring like weather also. Thank you also.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: March 13, 2010 11:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara
Has been and cool here in the PNW. Suppose to clear up today and be real nice, hope it does. No plans other than to be lazy. Have a great day.
Oh yeah, thank you for your thoughts you posted in the thread about my Mom.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 13, 2010 4:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim your welcome.

It rained here half of today but the sun is out now. Cocky will be over shortly. He had to clean house and wash clothes today. I ate in Patricks this morning and went in there at lunch time also.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: March 13, 2010 7:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BK and all,

It has been beautiful weather here in the piney woods of North Florida, but I have stayed in today. Did my taxes, paid bills, finished some homework, and otherwise just lazy.

I'm grateful that there is still one more day in the weekend!

Rusty

Boogie!

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 14, 2010 2:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Rusty,

Paying bills seems to be the thing to do this weekend. My BF is paying bills today and getting things done this afternoon. It's nice to see you on here.

Cocky and I went out for a drink and picked up something to eat on the way back. He's so funny that I can't stop laughing when with him. Today he told me the house next door to him is for rent. I told him I can't afford a house and he said he was thinking that I could get one of my girlfriends to room with me. It's hard to believe he was thinking about me moving in next door to him this soon in the game. I've known him since December but still.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: