quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just when you think nothing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2010 2:43 PM    Post subject: Just when you think nothing Reply with quote

else could possibly happen to you.....it does! I have not been able to sleep lately trying to figure out just why all this stuff is happening to me...I know the Lord does not give us more than we can handle so it must be the devil.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I have not wanted to smoke and gang that is about all the good news I can offer....just know that I pop on to read some posts but have not had the frame of mind to contribute much.

If I wrote a book, no one would believe it was not fictional... Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 5, 2010 7:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

truth is almost always stranger than fiction. hang in there, kay; better times are coming.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 5, 2010 7:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Bro and until then there is wine...................

Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: May 5, 2010 7:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

rum and all the alcohol you can handle. also cake and ice cream... ( I know fattening but then so is alcohol) Hang in there Kay I know I am trying to.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2010 8:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just know that you have lots of friends here who love you. I don't know what the problem is but you're a very strong person. Take old Gus out for a gentle ride and enjoy God's beauty. In the meantime, know that I'm praying for you and your family.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2010 4:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is so nice to have a place to go where someone will listen to your concerns....my family is sick of me ranting about all of this even though they say I am 99.9% right.

My daughter moved in with her two kids on Jan. 22 finally ending a very mentally and somewhat physical abusive marriage...well she left but they do not go to mediation until the 28th day of May. He has not paid her one dime of support ( she is a student in nursing school) so she is going to drop out for summer quarter). We offered to pay it but she was diagnosed with a highly suspected case of MS....she weighed in last week at 96 lbs. It is the combination of the kids, the ex still trying to control her in my household, my age (59) and the fact I am a hell cat when someone threatens me or my family and her suspected illness that has me reeling. Her husband has locked her out of the house, boxed up what he thought he would allow her to take....failed to be there on a lawyer agreed upon time to get her stuff...and demanded we bring back anything we took that was not on the list he had APPROVED...so you see, I am dealing with a certified nut here who had threatened my daughter with " I will put you somewhere where no one will ever find you " oh,, and did I mention his buddy's wife has been missing for the past two years !!!!! Yes, we got into the house the day we were scheduled to thanks to a crawl space accessible from the garage Laughing

So, this is what is happening and I am trying to find ways to cope with out the cigs...I was seeing a therapist to get along with the jerk..but after all the truth came out ( which I suspected anyway) I have lost faith in her ability to guide me through it all. So many thanks for letting me vent.
Kay

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 6, 2010 9:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a real charmer, that one... Shocked

here's a thought for you, though; when you say you're "trying to find ways to cope with out the cigs", you might want to try rephrasing that - maybe, "i'm trying to find ways to cope without sawing my legs off with a rusty chainsaw that's run out of gas...", or maybe, "i'm trying to find ways to cope without swallowing shards of glass and washing it down with a gallon of cyanide"... seems to me either one of those would be about as likely to help as smoking...

Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: May 6, 2010 9:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds laot like the hell I walked out of .... And that is putting it mildly. Kay hang on and get through this one day at a time. Better days are coming( at least that iwhat I keep telling myself)(

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2010 9:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 6, 2010 10:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kay - know that you are stronger than all that! Focus on what you can do something about...recognize the things that you can't control and trust that God does have a plan - keep your daughter safe - and know that many treatments for MS are have really great results!

Keeping you and your family in my prayers!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 7, 2010 6:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

I can symphasize with all of that having gone through a separations and then divorce just 3 to 4 years ago. I tell you one thing for sure is that if there's a divorce the lawyers are just after money and not for the better of their client. If you want my input to any of it PM me. I've made many a mistake in my case and to this day am comtemplating what I should do.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: May 10, 2010 3:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, my heart aches for you and your family. I'm so glad you are the strong and protective woman you are. As for not smoking, I'm with Kevin, I'm sure you already know that! Big hug to you and get yourself a larger wine glass for the days when a globe of wine suits better than a goblet. Wink
Gidget

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2010 9:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys...LOL Kevin and Gidget....oh, I will not smoke but the globe of wine sounds alot better than the chain saw or the glass Laughing Laughing Laughing Do not worry about my smoking...I would be signing my death warrant and know it. I am making it better each daywith a lot of help from my family and trusty doctor Rolling Eyes ....her lawyer sent her papers signed by the judge so maybe she will get some relief soon... mediation starts on the 28th..she has decided to continue with nursing school through the summer as they would not offer the last two classes she needs until spring of 2011....I was hoping she could take the summer off to get herself stronger....
Kay

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 13, 2010 9:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to know, kay - best to you and your daughter. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 13, 2010 10:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, be careful of nuts, they do crack, and this man sound like he is on the verge to do just that. He is for sure full of hate. Oh yeah, I won't worry that you will smoke, you are too good for that.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.

Last edited by jimotter on May 20, 2010 10:39 PM; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: