quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Smoking dreams after one year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: May 21, 2010 12:07 PM    Post subject: Smoking dreams after one year? Reply with quote

I keep having a recurring dream. I will be smoking a cig but not realizing it's a cigarette. When I do realize what i've done I get upset and throw the smoke down and start to panic "WHAT HAVE I DONE" kinda moment.

Is this normal after more than a year?

Also, I do smoke weed so maybe the fact that I still inhale smoke keeps the thought of cigs deep in my subconscious?

Quit attempt #2!
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: May 21, 2010 5:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you smoke the weed I'm assuming that you don't mix it with tobacco? Or you're continuing to feed the body with nicotine now and again.

Smoking dreams are just dreams, I had a dream that I was having "an enjoyable evening" with the actress Billie Piper a while back but it was just a dream.

Of course, it could be that you have some latent guilt about continuing to smoke weed and that's why you suddenly find out its a cigarette and basically you feel duped.

Don't dwell on it too much just dismiss it and get on with living your concious life as a non smoker.

Cheers

Nic

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 21, 2010 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many times did you practice smoking cigarettes, moose? here's a way to calculate it (approximately):

multiply 10 inhalations times the average number of cigarettes you smoked per day to get the number of times you practiced a day, then multiply that number by 365 to get the number of times you practiced in a year, then multiply that number by the number of years you smoked cigarettes to get the approximate total number of times you practiced smoking cigarettes.

for example, i figure i smoked on average a pack a day for around 35 years, so my total number of practices is somewhere around 10 x 20 x 365 x 35, or 2,555,000. after practicing something that many times, it takes a long time to let go of it. i'm not sure when my last smoking dream was, but i'm pretty sure that i was still occasionally reaching for a cigarette well into my 2nd or 3rd year.

and, as nic points out, a dream is just a dream; it doesn't have to mean anything. just keep choosing life when you're awake, and you'll be fine.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: May 22, 2010 12:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not mixing in any tobacco, I have had absolutely ZERO nicotine since may 11th, 2009.

I wouldn't mind the dreams except that it's a such a horrible feeling of regret and fear.

I guess I will look at it these dreams as a warning of what will happen if I ever take another puff.

Thanks guys Smile

(2 million puffs....wow)

Quit attempt #2!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 22, 2010 10:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

moose wrote:
(2 million puffs....wow)

it's surprising, isn't it?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: May 24, 2010 8:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

moose200x wrote:
I am not mixing in any tobacco, I have had absolutely ZERO nicotine since may 11th, 2009.

I wouldn't mind the dreams except that it's a such a horrible feeling of regret and fear.

I guess I will look at it these dreams as a warning of what will happen if I ever take another puff.

Thanks guys Smile

(2 million puffs....wow)

yes maye the dreams will keep you on your toes...

My avatars name is moon ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: