quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovecolliedogs

Quit Date:
June 7, 2010

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 3:00 PM    Post subject: Hi, Reply with quote

Hi, My name is Amy, I have been a smoker since I was about 15 years old. I am now 34. I have two kids, a great husband, and I am a stay at home mom.
I have decided that I want to be a non smoker, and I am going to try it cold turkey this time. Have tried many times before. This time I feel is difrent just because I am just so sick of smoking. I am tired of the cost, smell, and how it makes me so tired all the time.
Hope that i will be a good addition to the group here.
Thanks and God Bless!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 3:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Woofmang Amy and congrats on your decision to quit smoking.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
lovecolliedogs

Quit Date:
June 7, 2010

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 4:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the thoughts!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 10:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site, amy - some unsolicited advice for you: eliminate the word "try" from your vocabulary when you're talking about quitting; it's an escape hatch (for instance, if you should find yourself smoking again, you can always say, "well, at least i tried..."). one of my favorite quotes from the orinial star wars movies is when yoda tells luke, "do, or do not. there is no try."

and realize that you can quit and stay that way, but it takes practice: think about how you trained yourself to be a smoker, and reverse engineer that process to train yourself to be a non-smoker again. it's totally do-able (you know this, because you've already had 15 years of practice being a non-smoker). all it takes is time and repeated conscious choice.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 7, 2010 11:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amy! Welcome! Quitting is very do-able. Believe in yourself. Knowledge is power - so learn everything you can about nicotine addiction and quitting - and have a plan and ultimately stop smoking - keep choosing freedom and life - and take it one day at a time!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
pandylou

Quit Date:
July 11, 2010

PostPosted: July 11, 2010 11:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, Amy. I have never loathed anything so much in my life. Ironic, isn't it? That something so distasteful can have such control over you. It makes me so angry when I think of how destructive it all is. How I allow it to rule my life. I wish you the best of luck. I'm a newbie here but I do have friends that have quit successfully and they're lives are so much better for it. I want to be there too. If you ever need to vent, give me a shout. I have a feeling that support is going to make a big difference. You can do this! The freedom will be incredible!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 11, 2010 12:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to both of you and welcome to woofmang. I joined this wonderful group of quitters over 6 years ago at the beginning of my quit and have made some wonderful cyber friends and received fantastic support.

Take your quit(s) a day at a time and stay strong always remembering that you can do it.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 11, 2010 6:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to woofmang. Congrats on your decision to free yourself from the horrible habit of smoking. The site has some great information and there are some great people to help you down the road to your freedom.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: