quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TGIF 7-23-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 23, 2010 7:54 PM    Post subject: TGIF 7-23-10 Reply with quote

It was over 100* here in Virginia today and will be the rest of this weekend. It is too hot to do much of anything. Sunday I will be playing scrabble with a friend. What is your weather like and do you have any plans?

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 23, 2010 8:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotter than blazes here in mid Michigan too! Just chillin' for now, but have a family reunion Sunday after church. Hope it cools down a bit before then. It should be fun anyway as it is at a pond so we can put our lawn chairs in the shallow water and soak our feet at least. That tends to cool us older folk off a bit. Hope everyone is well and staying cool. Happy Weekend! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 23, 2010 9:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essie, have fun at the family reunion Sunday. Having it by the pond sounds like a good idea.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 23, 2010 10:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazy, hot, and humid. (it's still close to 90 as i write this at 10:00 pm. yuck!) guess i'll sit in front of the a.c. and wait for fall... Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2010 12:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOT & HUMID here too! Loving my central Air! No more window fans for me! Not liking the electric bill...But it's worth it!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2010 9:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot here also in north Florida. We are weekending at St. Augustine for my birthday and going to the Alligator Farm today, shopping at the outlet mall, later, and then dinner at a restaurant on the beach tonight. I'm sure it will be hot, hot, hot, but we are good at keeping cool with our hats, our water, and ducking into a shady spot or air-conditioning wherever we can find it.

Have a great weekend!

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2010 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot and humid here in St. Louis too.

Our week-end is a busy one. I attended a bridal shower for our granddaughter last evening; tomorrow is church, of course, then to the seamstress for our first fitting of the dresses for the wedding. After that, we're going to the Anheuser-Busch Brewery for a tour conducted by our younger granddaughter (her summer job).

Busy but fun!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2010 10:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Rusty ~ have fun! Jo, enjoy your busy weekend, I'm sure the wedding will be great and the tour wonderful! Thanks Barbara, I'm sure it will be fun. Smile Mary and Kevin ~ Keep chillin' Cool

Essie
4/14/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2010 4:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, I'm anxiously awating fall myself.

Mary, I can imagine how how an electric bill would be in this heat for a house. I agree that the air is worth it though.

Happy Birthday Rusty and your weekend sounds great.

Jo, I can imagine how nice it will be to go on a tour that your ganddaughter hosts.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 25, 2010 7:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday - winding down the weekend...why can't they all be three day weekends?? Next week - I'll be in Chicago - walking another Half-Marathon - Rock'n Roll! Meeting friends there who are also walking! Hope it isn't too hot!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 26, 2010 2:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary,

I hope it's not too hot next weekend also.

I beat my girlfriend in a game of scrabble Sunday.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: