quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TGIF 10-01-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 1, 2010 6:59 PM    Post subject: TGIF 10-01-10 Reply with quote

Hi all,

How is your weather and what are your plans for the weekend? My weather was nice today after 3 straight days of rain. We needed the rain desperately cause we're in a severe drought. The weather is a little cool this evening. The softball game I was looking forward to going to tomorrow was canceled due to the wet ground. It now looks like I have very little planned for the weekend except for homework and Sunday school which is enough I suppose.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: October 3, 2010 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had beautiful weather on Friday, so I played hookie in the afternoon and rode 40 miles on my bike with some of my cycling team. Since then, it has been cold, so I am trying to find all my sweaters and layering items for fall. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 3, 2010 10:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidget,

Wow, that's a lot of miles to cycle. Were you sore from that?

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2010 9:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our weather is fantastic; cool, bright and brisk -- my very favorite time of the year. We visited friends in Rochester, MN over the week-end and had a wonderful time. Overall we drove well over 800 miles but, since we both enjoy seeing the country, it was a pleasure. Now back to reality. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 4, 2010 1:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo,

Glad to hear you got to go out of state for a visit. I haven't done that in many years.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Gidget

Quit Date:
March 14, 2008

PostPosted: October 5, 2010 11:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, I don't get sore from those miles. My long rides are about 100 miles and I don't get too sore from those either, but I've been conditioning! I'll get a little sore if the roads are rough and I've done several long rides for days straight, but now the miles taper down to 40-50 consistently with the shorter, cooler days. I'm training for a triathlon that I expect to race in May and the cycling piece I hope will be the easiest because I've been working at it for so long. I can't imagine doing any of this if I was smoking though. Ugh! This is way better than that poison. Smile

My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
-Elaine Maxwell
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 5, 2010 2:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidget, that is so great.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: