quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nice to meet you all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faithhopejoy63

Quit Date:
November 13, 2010

PostPosted: November 30, 2010 9:40 PM    Post subject: Nice to meet you all Reply with quote

I am 47 years old, been smoking since 15 years old. I have lost friends to lung and throat cancer, My friend Jo Ann took her last breath last march 2010. My Dad took his last breath March 2009.
I have tried many times, making excuses of stress, I am done with excuses, I have prepared for this in a whole different way, On the 13th, I took a deep breath, Got out of bed to a whole new outlook, put on a patch, prayed to God to give me the strength to do this this time! I have been smiling and thinking positive..Keeping even more busy than usual!
I can do this! I have never been a quitter, but I will be a quitter for the smoking thing! Lots of meditation and yoga, tons of deep breaths and exercise. I am all about healthy living and wellness of mind, body and soul, and smoking was/is so hypocritical.
My Mom is had surgery Wednesday 17th in Jackson hole, not the right time to quit, so what, if I kept waiting for the RIGHT time to quit, I would never get there.....I feel awesome, What a beautiful day, Have a great day everyone!!! Thanks for letting me be here! Hugs~May all your days be filled with Love, Laughter and Peace!!!!! Hugs *Namaste
~17 days, 13 hours, 32 minutes and 47 seconds smoke free.
351 cigarettes not smoked.
$75.31 and 2 days, 16 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 11/13/2010 7:00:00 AM
Smile Very Happy Wink Surprised Laughing
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 1, 2010 10:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to woofmang. With the positive attitude you've adopted, you're sure to be successful. Quitting isn't easy but it's so worthwhile. I've been quit for over 7 years after having smoked for 45+ years and feel so very much better than I did as a smoker.

Stay close to these boards. Post often and keep that positive attitude. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
faithhopejoy63

Quit Date:
November 13, 2010

PostPosted: December 3, 2010 12:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jo!! It does feel good!! hugs!
Shelley Jo Cool Surprised Very Happy Wink
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 4, 2010 12:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site, shelley jo! remember: the only time you can quit is now. you can do this. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
faithhopejoy63

Quit Date:
November 13, 2010

PostPosted: December 4, 2010 1:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank so very much Kevin. I tried so many times before. This time has been so different for me, I just wake each morn with such a good feeling knowing I haven't been struggling with cravings. Everyones support helps so much. The only one that won't support me is my Mom in law as I was the only one in the family that smoked.....Silly huh?? Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! Smile Very Happy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: