quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quit buddy smoked like a frieght train last night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: January 1, 2011 8:15 PM    Post subject: Quit buddy smoked like a frieght train last night. Reply with quote

I have heard rumors from my friends that my quit buddy, matt, has smoked cigs while drunk. I confronted him about it and he assured me that was not true. Turns out he lied to me. He must of smoked ten cigs last night. I was drunk and started screaming at him. A friend broke us up saying "it's new years man" I fired back with "Jesse, you smoked for years then quit for over THREE YEARS but you went back to smoking. You couldn't beat smoking and you don't want anyone else to either"

I don't understand why smokers always want there friends to smoke. I believe it's jealousy.

What do you think?

P.S. 600 DAYS FREE!

Quit attempt #2!
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: January 8, 2011 12:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be jelousy...but it certainly illustrates just how addictive nicotine is! Don't fall into that trap - its your quit...keep it strong! Only YOU decide - its your choice...choose freedom over and over and over again!

Hope your New Year is full of healthy and happiness!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Lulubella

Quit Date:
April 17, 2011

PostPosted: March 6, 2011 10:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read kevin's herd mentality journal in the tales and you will have your answer. My sister called me when she got wind that I quit smoking. Her and I are the last of the smokers in my family. My other sister quit two years ago and my sister in law quit last January. When I told her I hadn't smoked in 5 days, she just went silent. Then she said, "What are you taking?" and then she said "We'll see how long that last". I cried when I got off the phone with her. It was like she was mad at me because I stopped smoking. She has hardly called me since, and the one time she called, she did ask if I am still not smoking and then changed the subject.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 6, 2011 11:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulubella - I'm sorry your sister isn't excited for you and your success in quitting - My sister quit nearly two years before I did - our relationship was a bit strained at first when I continued to smoke - and she kept her quit. We agreed that we just wouldn't talk about smoking when we were together - and I also promised her at her request that I would not try to sabotage her quit. It was a big change - and there were things we didn't do together at first - like play cards - because we would always smoked while we were playing - and it was just too hard for her. I really missed my smoking buddy but I was envious of her success. When I finally decided to quit - she was my biggest cheerleader - and we often comment about the challenge of those two years between her quit and mine....we survived and are very close.

Remember - you can only choose for yourself - and you can't make anyone else quit or want to quit. Protect your quit - but understand that your sister is sad too...keep the lines of communication open - but understand things will be different.

Hang in there - you are doing GREAT!!

Mary D.
Lulubella

Quit Date:
April 17, 2011

PostPosted: March 11, 2011 10:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mary D. for sharing your experience. I guess I am not alone after all, and sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had to think about what you said. I stopped waiting for her(my sister) to call me and I decided to call her this past Sunday. Usually, she talks my ear off, bombarding me with news about our family members--we have a big family. I asked how she was, "fine". "What's new?" "nothing much." I told her what's new at my home and she just listened. Not really interested. She eventually cut me off because of an incoming phone call. Oh well. Hopefully, as you said, things will get better in time. I just don't really feel like putting any effort into fragmented relationships right now. That may seem cold and uncaring, but quitting smoking is probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and right now I need to focus on my quit. I don't really have the mental and emotional energy right now to worry about her or anyone else that might be mad at me for whatever reason. I have become a bit reclusive anyway, since my quit and right now I kinda like it that way. Lu
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 11, 2011 11:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you!! Lulu ! I think you will find that there are many things that are just "different" when we aren't hiding behind the smoke-screen....you are right that you need to focus on doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and your quit.

You gave your sister another chance...she didn't take it - I'm sorry. Quitting is a bit like a roller coaster with lots of ups and downs - you just buckle your seat belt and know you are in for an exciting ride! Take the time you need to get comfortable as you explore life as a non-smoker! So many things are just so much better on this side of the smoke-screen. But you may find you have to deal with a bunch of emotions and things we just pushed back and ignored as smokers.

Take care of yourself and your quit! You are doing great! One day at a time!

Mary D.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 12, 2011 11:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary's right, Lulubella. Hang in with your quit. One of these days your sister may decide to follow suit and you'll be the strong one leading the way for her.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Lulubella

Quit Date:
April 17, 2011

PostPosted: March 14, 2011 7:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jo. I do have a feeling that she will be coming to me for help and when she I will help her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: