quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where is everyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lulubella

Quit Date:
April 17, 2011

PostPosted: April 15, 2011 9:00 PM    Post subject: Where is everyone? Reply with quote

It is has been so quiet here. Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to pop by and say hi. My husband and son(12) left early this morning for Ottawa for a basketball tournament. My son plays guard on a travel team and he has a "sweet shot"(his words). It is quiet here. Oldest boy(just turned 17) went to "hang out" at the mall with friends. Just texted me that they are going to watch Scream 4 at 9:50 p.m. Looks like I'll be staying up late waiting for a call to pick them up after the show. Other son has found a free computer program that provides the notes to play guitar for any song you type in. He is practicing playing his guitar, not Guitar Hero, real guitar. Daughter is ill, laying on couch with a cold compress on her forehead. She is 9, soon to be 10. I have a brief few minutes to browse and post, while sipping my mint green tea. Funny, there was a time, not too long ago (80 days ago) I would have been standing at my back sliding doors with a cig hanging from my mouth, trying to keep the smoke from blowing back into the house. Quite comical when you really think about it. Well, she is calling me. Have to go. Take care all.

So often in time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. The Eagles

Last edited by Lulubella on April 16, 2011 12:51 AM; edited 1 time in total
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 16, 2011 12:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Lulu - mom-on-duty...the toughest yet most rewarding job around! I was thinking its been pretty quiet too...I was slicing up strawberries for tomorrow. Trying to get ready for a long walk in the morning with my half-marathon walking friend - only four weeks to be ready to walk 13.1 miles. The weather forecast is for rain, possible thunderstorms and wind - it might be a miserable walk....we'll see - trying to walk for 2.5 hours at a steady pace. Maybe we'll sneak it in between the rain drops! Have a quiet uneventful evening - hope you daughter is feeling better!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Lulubella

Quit Date:
April 17, 2011

PostPosted: April 16, 2011 12:50 AM    Post subject: hoping for good weather for you Reply with quote

Happy trails to you Mary. Hope the rain holds off long enough for you to do your walk. Smile

So often in time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. The Eagles
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 16, 2011 9:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, Lulu, the boards have been quiet. Maybe people are taking advantage of spring weather and working outdoors on gardens - between raindrops, MaryD.

Hope your daughter feels better soon.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 16, 2011 7:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulu, it does get quiet around here sometimes.

Mary, it rained here by me today. I got some bad storms this evening.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 16, 2011 11:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a wet walk today - cut a little short of 2.5 hrs - just kind of a drippy rain - not a downpour. Could have been worse! Lots of places had worse weather today - including a few killer tornados - I'll take a little rain.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: