quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: May 25, 2011 2:09 PM    Post subject: Day 33 Reply with quote

One Month, Two Days, 15 Hours and 1 Minute
Life saved 2 Days and 6 Hours
Not smoked 653
Saved $231.95.

Hi everyone.

One of the ladies that works for me announced that when she got done at work yesterday she was hopping across the border into Illinois to buy cigarettes with her sister. $55.00 per carton there as opposed to $70+ in Wisconsin.

Now, here's the thing, this is the same person who never has enough gas in her tank to get to work most days and is always looking to bum rides.

Not being judgmental here as I fully understand the logic but, looking at it from the other side of the equation, it just hits home what slaves we were to nicotine.

Look at that $ saved number !! Wow.

Thanks to all for your support Smile

Where are all the news crews when EXXON isn't spilling stuff?
mrsrubytuesday

Quit Date:
May 21, 2008

PostPosted: May 26, 2011 4:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary - I understand her logic completely. When I was smoking I always bought my cigarettes in bulk when we went on holiday to Spain or one of the other European countries. They currently cost £7.36 (about 13 dollars) for one pack of twenty here in the UK. I always considered my cigarettes as essential expenditure - just the same as paying any other bill. Hard to believe now - but true. I think the UK economy would collapse without the taxed raised from tobacco, alcohol and gas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: