quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Urges!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlf1496

Quit Date:
May 16, 2011

PostPosted: May 24, 2011 4:01 PM    Post subject: Urges!!! Reply with quote

Wow I hate those urges. I am into 17 hours of day 3 and was having a great day and then out of no where the urge hit me. I tried taking a shower, no help, I then tried just keeping busy, no help, I tired a nap and OMG it was still there. Finally I went online to get some help and to think about why I suddenly had this urge and why it was lasting so long. Then it hit me I was having this urge to smoke simply because I was bored and because I have smoked for so long without even thinking about it. Now that I have quit and have to focus on my quit so I dont slip up I am finding that I am thinkin so much about not smoking that when the urge hit me today it wouldn't leave because I simply kept thinking about it. Now it is leaving and I feel much better. I think that is because I am writing down what is causing the urge and getting angry at that devil for not leaving me alone. I have made a promise to myself that this time I am going to get through day 3 and when I begin day 4 I will still be a non smoker. It is amazing just how much it helps to write all of this down. Thanks for listening.
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: May 24, 2011 5:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so right. Writing stuff down does a few things, focuses you, puts you in touch with yourself, establishes patterns, helps you learn about yourself. You keep it going. Day 3 is almost over then, guess what? Nicotine free !!!

Where are all the news crews when EXXON isn't spilling stuff?
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 24, 2011 7:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, writing does help a lot. That's what kept me going in the early days of my quit. You're doing a great job at keeping your quit.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2011 9:26 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. I kept a journal during the first months of my quit and wrote in it each time I craved a cigarette. It really does help.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 30, 2011 9:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!!! Keep writing and working through those craves and urges. Good job!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: