quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: June 4, 2011 11:17 PM    Post subject: Day 44 Reply with quote

One Month and Twelve Days
Life Saved 2 Days and 23 Hours
Not smoked 860
Saved $305.84

Who'da thunk ?

I'm proud of myself for once in a long, long time. Investing time, effort, commitment and belief in doing something good for myself has always been low on my personal priority list. How sad is that ?

How many others here started to look inward more once they quit? It feels like I'm soul searching more somehow. Trying to learn who I am and what do I believe? What is true for me? What makes me tick?

Is this a positive side effect of ridding yourself of a highly addictive toxin? Are the two things related even?

I now have to face the fact that, underneath the cigarette chemicals was me. I was there all the time but something was more important than I ever was, nicotine. Now that's gone, that barrier between me and my emotions, the void between me and the world, that's all gone. Guess what? Now it's me front and center. I best make friends with me coz me is all I have now.

It's like meeting yourself all over again. 40 years ago I traded in a lot for cigarettes, 44 days ago I felt I paid my dues and said goodbye to all that stuff.

In case you missed it, I'm feeling somewhat reflective right now and a little poignant about the time I spent damaging myself.

Where are all the news crews when EXXON isn't spilling stuff?
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: June 5, 2011 10:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all become reacquainted with ourselves after we quit smoking.
We now have much more time to think of the important things in our lives; our own health and that of our loved ones.

Forty four days is terrific, Gary. Quitting is something you'll never, never regret!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2011 11:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gary - good job with 44 days free!! Yeah! I think re-claiming our freedom is a chance to redefine ourselves. Once we are no longer a "smoker" - we have to figure out how we want to define the new no-smoking persona. We get to choose!! Find new interests - or return to things we used to enjoy but that fell victim to the time it took to smoke 20 some cigarettes everyday. Its a little bit of evolution emerging from the smoke screen...when we realize change is possible - it can be the start of many other changes. Take all the time you want to think it through - and keep enjoying your freedom!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: June 8, 2011 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mary, Kann .......... I'm feeling good. The posts help.

Where are all the news crews when EXXON isn't spilling stuff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: