quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Happy Belated 4th of July!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2011 1:01 AM    Post subject: Happy Belated 4th of July! Reply with quote

Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July Holiday! I'm vacationing and having a wonderful time hiking in Yellowstone national park! What an amazing place! Got here on the 4th - after spending three days in Glacier National Park which is also a very pretty place! They still had over 50 feet of snow and ice in the Logan Pass and were still trying to clear the snow and open the "Going to the Sun" road. Yellowstone is amazing - enjoying see the wildlife here - bison, elk, deer. Haven't seen any confirmed bears - but was shocked to here of the hiker who was killed by a grizzly bear on Wednesday (yesterday). We were hiking on a trail not that far from where the grizzly attacked - but probably after the attack had happened. You know the bears are out there - but you don't expect to run into them. We've been hiking everyday! So much to see - the beauty and wildness of this place are amazing! I can't imagine trying to keep up the pace and deal with the altitude here as a smoker. We were up over 7,500 feet most of the trail yesterday - the uphills are tough - but the view from the top of the mountains - fantastic!! I'll try to share some pictures when I get home. The geo-thermal feautres are amazing! Geysers, hot springs and fumeroles and park rangers to educate us on the differences! Lots of fun!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 8, 2011 10:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you have a wonderful time while you're vacationing. Be very careful, though. Would love to see some pictures.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 9, 2011 8:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you're having a great time, mary - hope it continues - and don't get eaten by any grizzlies! Wink

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 9, 2011 10:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary,

I wondered what you were up to lately. I can imagine the fun you are having. I too would love to see some pictures. Be safe.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2011 1:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mary! Have a great vacation! Very Happy

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2011 4:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home again....fantastic trip - now to download the camera - but it may have to wait - I have a ton of laundry to do today - and I have to re-pack for a week away from home for work. And when I return on Friday - I have to re-pack again for a weekend with my sister at Penn State! I love traveling!!

Yellowstone was fantastic!! If you have a chance to go there - you should! Its beautiful and amazing! And the chances of being killed by a grizzly are like 1 in 3 million. Tired - but happy and excited about the next trips!!! Dreading going back to work with a pile of email to get through! yuck...the terrible price of taking a vacation!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: