quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nicorette and White-Cloud E-Cig question, Day 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamFuttheman

Quit Date:
July 20, 2011

PostPosted: July 14, 2011 6:56 AM    Post subject: Nicorette and White-Cloud E-Cig question, Day 1 Reply with quote

Hi,
Today I have officially quit smoking. I would smoke 1-2 packs a day. I intend to use White Clouds Cirrus 3, as I have used that to successfully quit before. What are your thoughts on using these products to help vs cold-turkey? Does anybody have any advice or words of encouragement?

Thank you very much and I am glad to have joined the website,
Also is it a good idea to ask my doctor for medicine like Chantix?

Sam
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: July 14, 2011 10:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I'm not here to preach, I'm only here to give you the benefit of my personal experience.

I'm 52, smoked a pack a day for 40 years. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I've been quitting for the last 10 of those 40. I've tried, patches, gum, Zyban, hypnotherapy and dancing naked in the rain on Thursdays. Also, I've tried cold turkey. I can honestly say the most effective and cheapest way is Cold Turkey. CT is not the hell you've been led to believe and, honestly, the discomfort is about the same, maybe even a little less, than those products mentioned above.

Today is day 82 for me and it was a cold turkey quit, 100% That's 100% of nothing in the way of aid other than resolve. Each day you Cold Turkey your way further into your quit, your mind gets the point, you're done !! With the products, somewhere along the line, you have to come off those too. Two quits !!!

That's the best I can tell you friend. Good luck with your quit. It's only as good as you want it to be and that's the key.

Where are all the news crews when EXXON isn't spilling stuff?
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 14, 2011 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, quit cold turkey and, as Gary said, it wasn't the hell everyone talks about. Also, I was fearful that I'd become addicted to nicotine gum or whatever other "aid" I used and didn't want to have to battle quitting twice.

Everyone is different, though, and you should quit in whatever way seems best for you. Just quit!!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Eric B.

Quit Date:
May 31, 2011

PostPosted: July 14, 2011 6:13 PM    Post subject: Re: Nicorette and White-Cloud E-Cig question, Day 1 Reply with quote

I really think ecigs might be taken up by those afraid of withdrawal but also afraid of the smoking disease so maby they choose to keep the addiction but have it more safe.

Chantix; I seen a video on Youtube of a guy that claimed to use Chantix, and he said he had insomnia for around 10 days without sleeping. (couldn't sleep for 4 days).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4LgrWZY6DI
I've read stories in the news recently of it being linked to heart attacks.
http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/medical/story/2011/07/Study-Stop-smoking-drug-Chantix-ups-risk-of-heart-problems/49150646/1

Now if someone is going get that bad of insomnia, I wouldn't be surprised. I personally wouldn't touch these hard smoking aid drugs I would be afraid to use these drugs.

kannprint wrote:
I, too, quit cold turkey and, as Gary said, it wasn't the hell everyone talks about. Also, I was fearful that I'd become addicted to nicotine gum or whatever other "aid" I used and didn't want to have to battle quitting twice.

Everyone is different, though, and you should quit in whatever way seems best for you. Just quit!!

Indeed.
http://men.webmd.com/features/addicted-to-nicorette
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 15, 2011 12:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on choosing to quit! How you get to nicotine free and smoke-free is your choice. Lots of things work - lots of things don't really help. Develop a plan and go for it! I recommend you learn all you can about nicotine addiction - and figure out what's right for you! Nicotine Replacment Therapy is a personal choice - and make sure you make an informed decision when it comes to prescription medications like Zyban and chantix. There can be a lot of side-effects that can be very serious and even more hazardous to your health than smoking. Keep reading and posting and commit to staying smoke free for today! Take it one day at a time!! Quitting might just be the best thing you ever do for yourself. Its been over seven years for me - and I love my smoke-free - nicotine free life!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
SamFuttheman

Quit Date:
July 20, 2011

PostPosted: July 16, 2011 4:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the responses this forum is exactly what I hoped it would be. The stories and support mean alot. This is Day 3 for me since I've stopped smoking (though I haven't stopped nicotine white-cloud quite yet, my quitting day will by 7/20). I also appreciate the posts about going CT, it really alleviated alot of my fears of doing it.

Thank you everybody! I plan to remain active on the forum.
Eric B.

Quit Date:
May 31, 2011

PostPosted: July 16, 2011 8:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up. Soon you'll have 7 days, then 14, then before you know you got a month under your belt.

I quit cold turkey myself 1 1/2 months ago on the the beginning of June.
thejulielakes

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2011 4:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious...you say you used it in a successful quit before. How successful was that quit if you are now quitting again? I don't mean to sound hard, but you might want to get a little more honest with yourself about what a successful quit is. It sounds like you are on your way now. Keep up the quit! You ain't quit if you ain't quit.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2011 9:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sam...where are you in your quit? Hope you are hanging in there - remember - never quit quitting....take it one day at a time!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: