quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Wake up call: It's Dad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dreamer

Quit Date:
April 2, 2012

PostPosted: December 4, 2011 12:45 PM    Post subject: A Wake up call: It's Dad Reply with quote

Well it's Sunday and im five days in on quitting. I was awaken by some not so good news. I forgot to mention that i was a closet smoker so my family is oblivious to my smoking habits and the extent. Im a college student living on my own off campus. In short, my mom knows i smoke now because my landlord told her.

And she broke it to me in one of the most tragic ways. She told me'Call your father'(he lives abroad). I Havent spoken to him yet but it seems he's in the hospital from early this morning. Guess what? He's in there due to lung problems, yes he's a smoker and has been doing it for more than 25 years. He has the tubes in his nose and another in his lung extracting liquid from one lung. They say that one of jis lungs is shrinking. Im waiting to hear about the other test results.

My father left me from around age 6 and he's lived abroad ever since, over the years we've kept contact over the phone. The relationship was kept alive and i visited him for the first time 2years ago since age 6. . .While he was still around or when I'm visiting i have never seen my father smoke. Mom said he does but he had never done so infront of the children or his family for that manner. He always went somewhere hidden to do it. The most i would see are the ends( he mostly smokes marijuana. So we've got this closet thing in common. I just never thought this would threaten his life at all. Ive never seen him do it!!

Now i wait. Ive been calling him, the family around him abroad, no one is answering. I pray to God that its a lack of signal in the hospital and not something worse. I have been in tears for over an hour. Pray with me to pray for hiim.

Last edited by The Dreamer on December 4, 2011 1:47 PM; edited 2 times in total
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 4, 2011 1:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got my prayers for both you and your father. Having spent time recently in a hospital in Virginia, I know that it is sometimes difficult to get cell phone connection. Guess it's all the electronic equipment everywhere. Keep trying and don't give up on him.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
The Dreamer

Quit Date:
April 2, 2012

PostPosted: December 4, 2011 6:15 PM    Post subject: Spoke to Dad Reply with quote

Well i got a chance to talk to Dad. He could barely talk though. I did get to understand that they're dealing with the issue and things are gonna be ok later on. They are extracting liquid from his lungs. He said they had to split his side and insert a tube to do that. There was also some 'bad air' in his lungs that they had to let out. According to him, its gonna b ok. . .im hopeful and a bit relieved that his condition is gonna get better. Still, i wanna get in contact with the other family members to confirm it. I hope its really true.

The power of God is limitless!!

Love,
NieNie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > staying quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: