quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Blast from the past (for some of you)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 14, 2012 2:13 AM    Post subject: Blast from the past (for some of you)... Reply with quote

For those who don't know me, my name is Juanita, and I am, admittedly, a couple of days early for my lunaversary. But some of you, I walked this walk with starting 8 years ago.

I've been away for a long time, and today thought about woofmang for the first time in a long while. I decided to come back and just say Hi, and thanks to Kevin who helped me along on the journey and am blessed he came to me when he did.

A lot has happened since I last checked in. The most difficult being that my mother passed away just under 6 months ago. I got through it without a cigarette, and blessedly, I didn't find myself craving for one either. *Whew* But the event has been life altering. I've learned a lot about myself, and took some serious risks which are paying off. I'm currently finishing up my first video audition for Cirque Du Soleil, who is considering me as a vocalist with one of their bands for a show. Wish me luck!

If you're newly quit, keep it up. If you're a vet, keep it up. And remember that the benefits of not smoking far outweigh the consequences of not. You can do this! And you are doing it!

Thanks Kevin and all you vets out there...you know who you are.

J

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 14, 2012 9:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you again, Jahunta, and to hear of the risks you've taken on your career path. Sounds like all is going well.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. That's really a tough one; my mother left this world about 10 years ago and I still miss her terribly. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please stay in touch. I'd love to learn more about your path to stardom.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 14, 2012 9:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juanita-great to hear from you! Happy Lunaversary and congrats on your new venture.

Sorry for your loss, that's a tough one, I've been there too.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Essie
4/14/04
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 16, 2012 1:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Nita - glad you dropped in! So sorry to hear about you mother - Its been just six years since my mom passed....it is a life-changing event - sad, but a time of growth as well - and a time to re-evaluate our path in life. I'll keep you in my prayers - hang in there and come back soon with an update on the your Cirque opportunity! Sounds challenging and exciting!

Take care and keep your quit strong!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 17, 2012 4:10 PM    Post subject: Nita! Reply with quote

Hey Lady! Great to hear from you. It's been ages since I've been back here....sorry to say. But, today is my anniversary of year #8 too!. It can't be possible that it's that long ago.

I was bragging about my 8 years of freedom on Facebook, and someone asked me how I did it....and I thought of you all, and well here I am.

Sorry about your mom's passing. But great news about your possible gig with Cirque de Soleil! We could say "I knew her when...." after you become a big star. Razz

It's sad that we don't all come back here very often, but I guess it proves that once you get past a certain point, you really never think about smoking or quitting....in fact I almost forgot it was my anniversary.

Do well and take care!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Terry

Quit Date:
February 11, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2012 8:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the 8 year reunion thread? I just passed 8 years myself and wanted to pop in and thank Kevin and all of you for your help in making this possible. Great to see so many familiar names in this thread. Good luck to everyone! Hope to keep in touch going forward.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 24, 2012 10:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Terry. Great to hear from you.

I love the idea of an 8 year reunion and this must be the place. There are many of us celebrating 8 years in 2012.

Have a wonderful lunaversary!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 4, 2012 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on your first 8 years of freedom, juanita! sorry to hear of your mother's passing; i know that's a tough time.

it's so awesome that you're auditioning for cirque de soleil - wishing you the best of success with that! let us know when you'll be starting with them... Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
chooverg

Quit Date:
June 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2012 6:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

kannprint wrote:

I love the idea of an 8 year reunion and this must be the place. There are many of us celebrating 8 years in 2012.

I was on face book too...and thought about you all! WOW...there must have been something about our little group that keep us together; supporting, sharing, inspiring, and motivating us all on to NOT pick up that cigarette. TRULY TRULY, I know I was suppose to come to this site...that horrible bleak day in 2004. I wanted to smoke, I was in horrible pain, it seemed as if no one understood..then I met you all! You became my family, and the people that really got that chocolate REALLY was the answer. It didn't matter what time of day, someone was on to push me thru the moment and not smoke.

What a blessing this site and this group was to me when I first quit. As, I look back at all the posts of pain, anger, stress and funny experiences that we shared, I know that God was will us all. We were for each other, and I am eternally grateful!

Chris

I have seen flowers grow in stoney places
Kindness done by men with ugly faces
The worst horse won at the races
So, I trust too
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: March 20, 2012 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essie
4/14/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > lunaversaries, anniversaries, and celebrations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: