quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what made you finally do it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greengelfling

Quit Date:
October 9, 2009

PostPosted: October 19, 2009 3:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am scared too
The moment that I decided to quit was remebering holding a sick bowl in hospital that was filled with my stomach blood and bile. I couldn't keep down fluids due to diabetic Ketoasidosis and my tummy had just got rid of the only fluid left my blood. Every time I want a cig thats what I do my bet to remeber my mantra is blood and bile.
That moment is one of the scariest moments I have ever experienced, a moment of mortality. It made me think how precious this gift of life is and that I was being dumb smoking.
GaryMahara

Quit Date:
April 22, 2011

PostPosted: February 4, 2010 8:42 PM    Post subject: Hmmmmmm only ONE thing ? Reply with quote

Fear of my heart exploding. Basically my health. There are a lot of contributing reasons but fear of the day the doc says "Your diagnosis is ............... "

I used to be in such good health. Lifting weights, lots of aerobics, all whilst maintaining a pack a day habit. About 2 years or so ago though, I started to spend more and more time sitting around. No energy, no motivation ..... smoking, drinking, sedentary. I could have just put a gun to my head and saved all the money? (kidding) Well I woke up from all that recently and decided to give it a REAL shot at quitting (again).

So - THE one thing ? It has to be my health.
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 18, 2010 7:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame! Shame to smoke when I know the results so well. Shame at slowly killing myself. Shame to be seen by friends with cigarette in hand. Shame to be smelled by friends. Shame that my daughter didn't want to get in my car because of the stink. Shame for sneaking out of work and hiding in a parking lot to smoke. Other shameful situations too many to enumerate.
Ben. 6+ years.
selma b

Quit Date:
February 14, 2011

PostPosted: February 16, 2011 12:14 AM    Post subject: last drop Reply with quote

I knew for some time that I had to quit again. Health problems related to smoking started to show. But the last drop I think was this.
Last Saturday, we had few friends over. One of them had lung cancer last year. She had surgery and is doing OK now. She never smoked. And we had our friend over for dinner and I could not stop myself from smoking. And I smoked a lot. So much that I was sick day after. And I felt so bad that I smoked around this friend. My addiction was stronger than friendship. Stronger then common courtesy. Made me sick to my stomach that it had such power over me.
Selma b
Urge will pass whether you smoke or not!
Free: 0 years, 0 months, 2 days, 1 hours & 16minutes
brownbrown

Quit Date:
December 12, 2011

PostPosted: December 21, 2011 11:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant sleep because I cough... this one of reasons.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 21, 2011 11:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will get better with time, BrownBrown. How is your quit going?

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
The Dreamer

Quit Date:
April 2, 2012

PostPosted: December 21, 2011 11:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt read a whole sentence without getting short of breath and having to pause. And with what i do, i have to speak loudly to alot of people daily. It was beginning to affect EVERY part of my life.
SeanBen

Quit Date:
January 1, 2012

PostPosted: July 20, 2012 4:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two main reasons health and wealth..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: