quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nervous about tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHNonSmoker

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 25, 2012 12:05 PM    Post subject: Nervous about tomorrow Reply with quote

My quit day is tomorrow. I'm so nervous I'm going to fail!! I'm not sure my head is where it should be!!!

Cindy
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 25, 2012 11:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy
Most of us here can say we were at one time in the same situation as you are. Even tho' I quit 8 1/2 years ago, I remember being nervous as a Chihuahua and I just knew I was going to fail. I had planned on quitting on the 20th of November 2003, the Great American Smokeout that year, well on the 18th, I decided I needed a good practise day, so I told myself that I would try quitting on the 19th instead and so by the 20th I might be ready. Well, I went for it on the 19th, and it stuck, I had one thing going for me, I trully wanted to quit. Just know, that the longer you go without smoking your body is healing and whatever symtoms the withdrawls bring, know too that it will get better. Be strong, Be tuff, you are worth it.
Jim

Never give up on yourself. We are so worth the effort. Smoking creates nothing but misery for us and those around us. Smoking is socially unacceptable everywhere we go.

Last edited by jimotter on May 26, 2012 9:50 AM; edited 1 time in total
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 26, 2012 9:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with all Jim wrote, Cindy. It's about having a strong will to put your smoking days behind you. I quit on Easter Sunday 8 years ago because I knew I had to quit. The alternative was 24/7 oxygen if I didn't.

You really CAN quit, Cindy. Please post to these boards regularly. I check daily and would love to be of some help to you. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: May 26, 2012 3:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Cindy and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. Yes, it is very doable, I've been quit over 8 years like Jim and Jo. We all know the benefits of quitting like being able to breathe and smell. You will be amazed at all the changes you notice in just a few days Smile check in here often and read all you can. You can do it, Cindy!

Essie
4/14/04
SeanBen

Quit Date:
January 1, 2012

PostPosted: August 9, 2012 2:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it is not so...If you are determined and have strong will power you will surely succeed in quitting smoke..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: