quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Re-introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuartH

Quit Date:
September 12, 2008

PostPosted: July 6, 2012 10:55 AM    Post subject: Re-introduction Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've not been active in the online smoke free places for many reasons lately, so I thought it only polite to re-introduce myself. I don't know how many of you remember me, I never did post a lot.
Life has been tough. I've had to deal with redundancy, and that wasn't easy with 2 kids to support and being the only earner. House moves and relationship troubles. Family illnesses and what not too. A whole list of really good excuses to start smoking again.

But you know what? I'm still quit and still delighted with that. Coming up on 4 years in a couple of months.

Life is what you make it, no matter what troubles there are, and smoking doesn't fix a single problem - does it?

Totally tobacco free - Cannot guarantee nut free
nicfirth

Quit Date:
July 17, 2008

PostPosted: July 7, 2012 4:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it Stu.

I hope things have settled down for you, but yep you are right smoking is never the solution its only ever part of the problem. No need to fall into the trap of thinking it would help you get through a bad situation.

As I approach my 4 years this place came into my mind too, I'm glad to see it still here and I remember how the tales helped me tremendously while finding my quit.

essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 7, 2012 2:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Happy to see both of you here and know your quits are strong. Congrats on soon to be 4 years for the both of you. Stay strong, Stuart, it always gets better with time. Stay in touch. Smile

Essie
4/14/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2012 3:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember you, stuart - you used to ride your bike unusually long distances, as i recall. sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing, but very glad to hear how you're dealing with them (and how you're not). keep it going!

and hi, nic! good to see you poke your head in, too! congratulations on nearly 4 years of freedom!

and hi, essie! always nice to see you! Smile

btw: stuart and nic: if you're on facebook, send me a friend invite (https://www.facebook.com/kevin.j.foster) and i'll add you to the "woof" secret group that kay ("CowgirlUp!") started there...

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marg

Quit Date:
October 10, 2008

PostPosted: August 12, 2012 8:26 PM    Post subject: im back Reply with quote

Saw your re introduction and thought i would do the same, i remember you, from my days in here, i fell in a heap, but am now a non smoker again, hopefully this time for good, have been questioning myself last few weeks, but really want this to be the final quit, looking back it was 2009 i last tried, now i have been a non smoker since march
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 13, 2012 8:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you again, Marg and to learn that you've re-started your life as a non-smoker. You've been free for 4 or 5 months now. Bet you're feeling wonderful. Keep it goin'!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: