quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Since I quit smoking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 9, 2009 9:42 PM    Post subject: Since I quit smoking Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have come a long way baby since I quit smoking 4+ years ago. First I'd like to thank Jesus and 2nd I'd like to thank my online communites. When I quit I was a submissive housewife that went no where except to the places my husband wanted for me to go. I was housebound 7 days a week except for a trip to the grocery store once a week and maybe a meal out a few times a month. I had to live on a tight budget not because my husband and I didn't have money but because he controlled it. I did manage to get out a couple of times a year without my husband. I was scared to drive due to a car accident I had been in so I sat at home. I will be honest with you all, if it were not for me quitting smoking I would never have met all the online friends who helped me through the whole ordeal. I do not believe I could have made it out of my marriage without my online friends cause for awhile yall were all I had. My husband made sure I had no one so I would be trapped with him.

I moved into a very bad apartment community as that was all I could afford when I left my home with the ex. In a way I need the people where I live now to help me go even further. Some built me up while others made me tough. Today I went to my local restuarant that I've been going into a lot since being single. A guy asked me if I knew who he was. I looked at him and said, oh my god, your Mac's son. This guy, his wife, and dad and me were as close as family before my husband. I hadn't seen them since his dad passed in 95. I'm so happy to see him as I feel like I just maybe will have my family back. Not my blood family but people who love me like family. I cry tears of joy at the moment as I could not be happier. I've met a couple of girlfreinds also that are new. I'm starting to get in the right circle of people now that are good to me and are good for me. I am somebody because good decent loving people want to talk to me and be with me. My ex had me thinking he was the only one who wanted me. I can see me in a better neighborhood in the future now. I see the light at the end of the long tunnel. I am feeling very blessed and know it's still going to get better.

It doesn't matter now that much that my blood relatives have done me so wrong. I don't need them and staying away from them I believe is one reason why things are going so good for me now. That's another story.

Kevin, all the help and encouragement from you when I was learning HTML or any other thing and you took the time to help me kept me sane. Thank you Kevin and all the others here on Woofmang who stood by me. I will forever be grateful. Like I said, if I had not quit smoiking I would not be here where I am today in my life. I would never have thought about FFS or posting to a messge board in my wildest dreams without having something to join a forum for.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 9, 2009 11:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - you have come a long way...enjoy the adventure!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 10, 2009 12:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome, barbara - and don't sell yourself short; you give as good as you get - you've been a great support for lots of people here, and you know what they say: what goes around, comes around. it's great to have you as a member.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 10, 2009 9:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with kevin. not only have you received help but you've been a great help to others here at woofmang. You're always ready to lend a hand to anyone instress with their quit. Yes, you're done a total turn-around in your own life in 4+ years; growing from a quiet, meek person to the strong woman you are today.

Congrats on your transformation, Barbara, and congrats on your quit.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 10, 2009 1:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessings to you too, Barbara. I have to totally agree with everything Kevin, Jo and Mary said, "you've come a long way Baby!" And ~ Thanks for all your support too! Smile

Essie
4/14/04
Kissimee

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 10, 2009 2:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

ditto from me too...you have done exceptionally well with all the things that have come against you. You're an inspiration to me.

I can NOT control the addiction because if I could, it would NOT be an addiction...BUT I can control ME, the addict.
~Tracy

Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: February 10, 2009 4:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

You have come a very long way. From the shy meek woman you onceweree uner the ocntrol of you husband tothe self assured and strong woman you are now. Way to go girlfreind. Miss talking to you and still hope we can get together when I get to Norfolk to live.

It will be great to meet my quit buddy in person.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: February 10, 2009 9:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt here when you went through your divorce, but you have been
a help to me and many others.
Glad your still here!

My avatars name is moon ray
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 11, 2009 12:33 AM    Post subject: A turn for the worse today Reply with quote

Thank you everyone. Kevin, when I made the statement I am somebody because people want to be with me and talk to me I meant it for those who told me I was nothing.

Long story short my landlord is a slum lord. I have made a request in writing for him to fix a health issue. Since it will be costly to him he has decided to harrass me so I will move and he won't have to fix the problem. Things like them locking my clothes in the laundry mat to putting a lunetic in next door to me in what use to be the model apartment. I've had my mail missing and other such things to distress me. The people that I thought were my friends here will not get involved in my defense because they're scared. My next door neigbhor told me today she was going to beat my arse. I told her here I am to bring it on. She just ran her mouth though and called me vulgar names. The cops came and come to find out it's not against the law to threaten someone. I had to get her for cursing me and abuse. One night my clothes got locked in the laundry mat on purpose to intimadate me. It's a whole story here but I've been busy with all this mess and have been AWOL with you all because of it. I'm sorry for that. I could use some friends to hang in there with me and offer advice or comfort me when they can. I hate to be so problamatic but I"m going to need as much support I can get. I will talk more about it as time goes on.

barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: February 11, 2009 11:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can move, do it. dont even tell anyone
your looking.
not that your slumlord shouldnt be punished
and hes far from being right about anything
he is doing, but it wont get any better.
I think for your own well being, you need to get
out of there when you can. JMO.

My avatars name is moon ray
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 12, 2009 1:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pearl. I went looking for apartments today and will see a lady tomorrow about one. Wish me well.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
SeanBen

Quit Date:
January 1, 2012

PostPosted: September 7, 2012 1:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congrats , that is so appreciable ,you have come a long way through ..keep it on..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: