quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirela

Quit Date:
March 18, 2014

PostPosted: March 18, 2014 7:57 PM    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

My name is Mirela, I was just about to go buy another pack of cigarettes, but instead I register here. I turn 40 last week and after 20 years of smoking 1 pack a day is enough.
I need your support please, I must say that I "quit" every month at least 1 time Sad , for some reason I go back smoking every time
Thank you
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: March 31, 2014 3:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Woofmang. Quitting is doable. Using affirmations like, "I can do this, I will not smoke no matter what," is what helped me. Also, you mentioned you keep going back to smoking. Do you know the reasons why? Knowing can help you overcome the obstacles they may pose in the future.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
psharp0819

Quit Date:
September 5, 2012

PostPosted: March 31, 2014 7:55 PM    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

First off- You can do this! Its only as hard as you make it out to be. For me it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. You have to start by taking one day at a time. Dont focus on being quit for a year etc....start with day 1. After day 1 comes day 2 etc. You can do it. The first day is always the hardest. For me after about a week I started feeling so much better both physically and mentally that I couldnt start back. Today I am smoke free for approximately 19 months. I feel great! I would be lying if I said I dont sometimes think about picking one up, but I know Im strong enough to stay quit and so are you! Just remember you can do this and it all starts with day one! Good Luck! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: