quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8 days down and life to go :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 6, 2014 3:50 PM    Post subject: 8 days down and life to go :-) Reply with quote

Since 3/29/2014 8:00 AM, I have been quit for 1W 1D 6h 44m, saving $62.10. 165 cigarettes not smoked have saved 13h 45m of my life.

Hi everyone, my name is Howard, I'm 54 and a nicotine addict. 40 years of smoking should have killed me by now but, for some reason, I'm still here. Confused Go figure.

I've quit before but always found my way back to cigs via internalizing strong emotions I should have dealt with in a more healthy way. I'm tired of this crap. I stink, I don't feel strong anymore, my toes feel numb, everything is just "too much trouble". In real terms, I'm still relatively young so - why do I feel this way? Simple answer, cigs. They have to go.

I see some of you folks have years of quitting under your belts. Congratulations to you, it's no mean feat.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Howard.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 8, 2014 1:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Howard. Congrats on quitting. How are things going now? Are you using an NRT or going cold turkey? Keep it going. When things get tough, don't puff. Instead go for a walk, find a hobby, take a shower, call someone, or anything else you can think of to keep you from smoking.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 8, 2014 7:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since 3/29/2014 8:00 AM, I have been quit for 1W 2D 22h 8m, saving $74.41. 198 cigarettes not smoked have saved 16h 30m of my life.

Yep - still quit. I'm doing NRT currently. Step 3 of the patches. I feel pretty good all things considered. Thanks for replying, it's good to know people are out there Smile
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 8, 2014 10:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Howard. Keep it going. It sounds like you are doing well. Holler if you need help or PM me.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 12, 2014 3:48 PM    Post subject: Currently at: Reply with quote

Since 3/29/2014 8:00 AM, I have been quit for 2W 6h 47m, saving $107.12. 285 cigarettes not smoked have saved 23h 45m of my life.

Howard.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 13, 2014 2:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great Howard. Do you reward yourself for not smoking? Keep up the great quit.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 14, 2014 4:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Barbara, thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm stashing the money I would have spent on cigs in a jar. No real goal in mind yet but, just having the money on hand is reward enough right now.

Since 3/29/2014 8:00 AM, I have been quit for 2W 1D 19h 46m, saving $118.67. 316 cigarettes not smoked have saved 1D 2h 20m of my life.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2014 9:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Howard! I don't come here a lot anymore but checked on today as I am celebrating 10 smoke free years this day! Yup, 10 years without a cigarette, thanks to all the wonderful people that have come thru this site. I know you can keep your quit going, I smoked over 40 years before coming here. Not smoking feels great, just look at all that money in that jar!! To say nothing of breathing better, feeling better, looking better and best of all smelling better. And you don't have to stand outdoors in all kinds of nasty weather to feed your habit. Keep that great quit going, Howard, before you know it you will be counting your quit in months and then years. I can tell you - IT FEELS GREAT!! Boogie! Boogie!

Essie
4/14/04
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 15, 2014 12:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Essie. I'm determined to maintain my quit from now on. I think I just finally grew up and realized I was on an unsustainable path.

Congrats to you too. Razz
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 18, 2014 1:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTG Howard.

Hi Essie. Congrats on 10 years.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 18, 2014 11:12 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 weeks today. I'm feeling very strong. I'm also feeling proud of myself. Very Happy

Since 3/29/2014 8:00 AM, I have been quit for 3W 1m, saving $157.50. 420 cigarettes not smoked have saved 1D 11h of my life.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 20, 2014 9:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howard. You are doing great! Keep it going.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: