quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back To The Quit This Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanderer62

Quit Date:
April 30, 2014

PostPosted: April 26, 2014 6:16 PM    Post subject: Back To The Quit This Wednesday Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kate and I was posting here during several quits in 2007, 2008 and 2009. My new quit date is this coming Wednesday. Though I'm not an alcoholic, I joined a local open AA Beginner 12 Step meeting a month ago because I consider myself to be a recovering codependent addict, even though the addictive relationship that I was in has been over for a long time. I live in a poor, rural community. No Al-Anon groups nearby, but I'm finding that I am learning a lot going to this group. I have so much respect for the people who fill the room in trying to be honest and open and self-responsible. So I've been doing a lot of listening and reflecting.

I made contact with one of the women in the group and asked for some support while I go through the beginning stages of my quit. She was very gracious and gave me her phone numbers and email address.

I've looked for smoking cessation support groups around here, but so far, no luck, which is one reason why I am here again, to get some online support, too. I'm grateful that this group continues to offer support.

I hope to get to know some of you whether you are still using or quitting or have been quit for years.

Thanks again.
Hwd-Lan

Quit Date:
March 29, 2014

PostPosted: April 27, 2014 8:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kate. There's not a lot of activity on these boards but, there's one or two who post words of support. I'm about a month into my quit and I utilize this site and the Freedom From Smoking (http://www.ffsonline.org/) site. There seems to be a bit more interaction over there.

I'll always respond to you if I see you post something as I know how important it is to feel like you're not alone in all this.

Good luck to you Kate.

Howard.

Since 3/29/2014 8:00 AM, I have been quit for 4W 23h 48m 43s, saving $217.43. 579 cigarettes not smoked have saved 2D 15m of my life.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: April 28, 2014 12:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kate. Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. What helped me in the beginning of my quit was using affirmations. Telling myself over and over when a crave would hit, "I will not smoke no matter what," is the way I did it. You can do this.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: May 8, 2014 2:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to you Kate. I know you can do it. When I quit 10 years ago this site was hopping and I'm surprised to see such a ghost town! Don't let that deter you! There's a lot of info here and many other sites offering help. Never give up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: