quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ah, How that little demon bites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: April 16, 2013 11:19 PM    Post subject: Ah, How that little demon bites Reply with quote

I'm back... I managed over a 3 month quit until (insert pathetic excuse) and (insert excuse of booze). I had my self convinced 'oh I can smoke while I drink' it progressed towards having a horrible day of 'oh I'll have a beer, so I can have a smoke'

You can see whats coming next. I failed, I lapsed. I self sabotaged myself. I realized that I found excuses, stupid excuses for smoke. They didn't find me, nothing happened that I couldn't overcome. I'm only in about a 2 day of a fully slip and I don't like it. I've had the voices start that 'its too late, quit later'

So tomorrow I reboot. I've talked to my roommate (a non smoker) about needing a little extra support again, apologized to him in advanced for my 3 days of bitchiness... I'm going to come clean to those I'm around. I know if I pretend I never slipped, I'll be living a lie. I'd wet down all my butts around with soap. I'm ready.

Matt

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: April 16, 2013 11:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt - go for it...never quit quitting...just take it one day at a time!! Learn from the relapse and have a plan for the next time....

You CAN do it!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: April 17, 2013 7:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it, Matt. One day at a time! Just never quit quiting!

Essie
4/14/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: April 17, 2013 8:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done it once and you can surely do it again. Just don't let old Laughing Demon ruin your life. Stay strong and resolve not to pick up a cigarette again -- ever!

Stay in touch.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: April 22, 2013 8:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt, you can do this and we are all pulling for you.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
matta89

Quit Date:
January 1, 2013

PostPosted: July 22, 2014 12:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guy...

It took me over a year; but I finally quit again... I think I finally grasped what I needed the grasp to stick to things. Every quit I'm sabotaged at 2-4 months, finding some excuse, some trigger that I can use to light up. I always fed the triggers, the cravings. Working on looking at things differently and try not to forget what it was to be chained up on a schedule of smoking. Thanks everyone for all the support over the years.

-Matt

"If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave."
Wayne Dyer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: