quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 8 for me....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodGolly

Quit Date:
November 13, 2012

PostPosted: November 20, 2012 10:33 AM    Post subject: Day 8 for me.... Reply with quote

Feeling much better and I can walk up steps without being winded. That's what scared me the most... being out of breath. I am pretty active and enjoy doing physical things. The last couple of years I've noticed how easily I get out of breath. Sad I felt like an old person who can't move anymore. This quit is very different than the dozens of times I've quit. For me, there was no denying that cigarette smoking has cause serious problems to my lungs. I faced it. I don't care if I gain 10lbs or not. I'll just buy a bigger size. Shocked
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: November 21, 2012 10:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so happy to read your post and know that you're still quit. I can relate to the breathing problem as I now have problems requiring the use of expensive inhalers to assist in my breathing. Had I quit smoking sooner, this problem wouldn't have occurred.

As for the weight gain, so what. I did gain weight but have been successful in losing it. Concentrate on one problem at a time and the most important one is smoking. You're doing a great job and I'm sure you know it by the way you're feeling.

Keep it up and keep posting. Smile

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Louis

Quit Date:
February 1, 2012

PostPosted: August 14, 2014 3:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and congratulations Yes, time goes so slowly the first few weeks, but next week should be better than this week. Not smoking is such a drastic shock to your system, both physically and mentally, and it takes a lot out of you. Quitting is hard work and it can wear you out, but stay with it. Do whatever you can to take care of yourself like get extra rest, take vitamins, drink water, go for walks, etc. Everyone will tell you it gets better with time, and it does. Keep up the good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: