quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tomorrow is the DAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 16, 2014 10:40 AM    Post subject: Tomorrow is the DAY Reply with quote

Here it is. Sunday morning and 1 day to go. I don't know how I'm feeling. I really want to quit smoking again and I also like smoking cigars. I am an addict. I was able to quit smoking cigarettes 10 years ago and I should be able to quit cigars too. I know I can do it.
Ben
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 17, 2014 10:08 AM    Post subject: Good start Reply with quote

I passed the first test. I went to the store to get a newspaper and didn't buy any cigars. That is an achievement. I also went to the gym and exercised a bit. I am not an Olympic athlete. So far, so good.
Ben
hlancaster

Quit Date:
October 5, 2014

PostPosted: November 17, 2014 7:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on it Ben. Rooting for ya. Hey - here's something that helped me with the physical addiction: "Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Chewing Sticks -- 600 Toothpicks" <---- grab that text and go look on amazon.
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 18, 2014 10:34 AM    Post subject: Day 2 Reply with quote

I haven't smoked for 38 hours. I went to the gym again today. I didn't buy any cigars. I feel pretty good.
Ben
hlancaster

Quit Date:
October 5, 2014

PostPosted: November 19, 2014 10:04 AM    Post subject: Re: Day 2 Reply with quote

ben wrote:
I haven't smoked for 38 hours. I went to the gym again today. I didn't buy any cigars. I feel pretty good.
Ben

Congratulations Ben. First few days sure do suck (as you well know). Keep at it buddy.
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 19, 2014 11:37 AM    Post subject: Failure Reply with quote

I blew it. Actually, I suppose I sucked it. I'll quit again tomorrow.
Ben
hlancaster

Quit Date:
October 5, 2014

PostPosted: November 20, 2014 6:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Ben - get back on the horse etc ...

Good luck to you.
ben

Quit Date:
August 8, 2004

PostPosted: November 24, 2014 10:35 AM    Post subject: Back in the saddle Reply with quote

OK. I'm back on. This is day 3 of no cigars. I feel pretty good with no big cravings. This is different from when I quit cigarettes 10 years ago. Then I thought about cigarettes all the time for several months. Now I seem to be able to get through the day without thinking about cigars a whole lot, although I get the occasional very strong urge which I couldn't resist before Saturday, and I 'd go by one or several. Maybe this time I can stay cleaqn.
Ben
hlancaster

Quit Date:
October 5, 2014

PostPosted: December 1, 2014 2:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Ben.

Today is Dec 1st ... still smoke free ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: