quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nicorette Gum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turtle2000

Quit Date:
July 9, 2004

PostPosted: July 11, 2004 6:54 AM    Post subject: Nicorette Gum Reply with quote

I have "Quit" many times--Just didn't STAY off them darn old sickeretts. I am in day TWO of cold turkey--my problem is i have at least a half a box or more of nicorette gum. That is the method i have used in the past to "Quit".....But, now i believe NRT only keeps a person addicted-although i would be the first to agree that NRT is far better than the awful smoking.

OH, I AM SO TEMPTED TO HAVE A CHEW....OR TWO......OR THREE!

I don't want to throw the nicorette gum out--it is like a saftey net for me--it feels like if i just HAVE to indulge, than at least it won't be a smoke. And, nicorette gum is VERY expensive--but then, so are sickeretts.

Sheesh this stuff is hard! Like way!

Hope everyone is well, and thanks for all the support

Turtle.

The Lord is my shepherd, i shall not want.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2004 10:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's nothing wrong with being tempted, Turtle; what's important is how you choose to respond to the temptation. certainly, chewing the gum is preferable to smoking a cigarette, but what would be preferable to chewing the gum?

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 11, 2004 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Turtle,

I know very well what you mean by temptation. Sometimes it's almost unbearable but it does go away. I quit cold turkey. That just seemed like the best method for me. I was afraid that, if I used NRT, I would have to "quit" that too eventually. Guess I just didn't want to go through the quit process twice.

However, NRT has been great for those who've used it. Do whatever it takes to keep you away from cigarettes. This is your preference.

Whatever you choose to do, though, do post often to these boards. We're all here to help each other.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2004 5:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion...........DO NOT CHEW THE GUM...Your body is almost free of nicotine.........72 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!! You CAN do it.

Good luck to you........We're all here for ya,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: