quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sherils

Quit Date:
February 29, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 2:01 PM    Post subject: New here Reply with quote

I am new to this site. I had been using FFS online. I thought maybe I could find some familiar people over here. My name is Sheri, I have been quit for 6 weeks and 3 days. Very Happy
I had a potential relapse situation occur. I am a bit stressed. My mom is in the hospital. They think maybe she might of had a stroke or something with her heart or a blood clot?? I don't want a smoke because I know it won't make anything better but it is still on my mind. I want the thoughts to go away. My mom exercises, eats healthy, doesn't drink(sober 31 years), doesn't smoke(over 20 years). It's a scary thing to go through. Thanks for listening.
Sheri
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 2:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about all the stressors in your life right now and your mom's illness. That is very hard to deal with. So the very last thing you need right now is to have to deal with the feelings that will go along with a relapse. You can do this. ANd you know that smoking will not change one thing, except to make you feel bad. You are strong enough to deal with this without a cigarette. You have made it for 6 weeks +, you have the skills. Keep us posted as to how things are going. I will pray for your Mom AND for you. You have the strength,,,,don't sell yourself short.
And BTW Welcome to this site. I hope you stay with us, Sheri

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 4:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherils!

Good for you for NOT smoking! YAY you!! It's great you can be present for your mom AND for yourself at the same time. I hope you reward yourself lovingly and amply for making it through a tough moment. Sounds like as you make it through today you'll make it through anything. You're doing an AWESOME job!

-Zuzu
Zoey

Quit Date:
November 14, 2006

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 4:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. In situations like yours it might seem that there's no point in quitting smoking 'now'. You are awesome for sticking tough. I hope that you find some things to keep you as positive as possible while you're waiting for your mom to get better.

Well, you have already passed several huge hurdles, quitting smoking again later would only be more stressful. And, if you're like me, there's the guilt of quitting quitting that always returns. Chemically, going back to smoking is just going to actually make you MORE stressed.

Hang in there. I wish the best for your family.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 4:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheri, Hey I am glad you are here. So sorry to hear about your mom. It is stressful when the ones we love are ill. I am so glad you did not smoke though. You are so right smoking will not change anything. You are into your quit so deep at this point you sure don't want to start over with a new quit. This quit is good why would you want a new one? Food for thought. Maybe change gears in your thinking. Think about stuff like that instead of thinking of wanting a posion stick. Think about how great you feel.

Sheri No mater what don't smoke!!!!! Tell that nicodemon to SHUT UP!!

I am sending in the shark to eat up that stress. Laughing

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Paul

Quit Date:
February 6, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 4:47 PM    Post subject: So sorry to hear that.... Reply with quote

Hi Sheri~

It's Paul here, (ri paul). I'm sorry about your Mom. I hope she is feeling better really soon.

I feel bad that you have to go through this 6 weeks into your quit. But what comes through loud and clear to me in your post is that you are already aware that smoking will not make your Mom's situation any better at all. You already know that, don't you. And that's why you have not smoked.

You have a healthy and strong quit going there Sheri. Good for you!

Take care of you Mom. Make sure you come back to tell us how she is.

Hang in there~~

Paul
68 days
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: April 14, 2004 5:17 PM    Post subject: Welcome Sheri Reply with quote

Hang in there...you're doing awesome. I hope that things resolve positively and quickly with your mom.

Rach
Three Years and counting
july26judi

Quit Date:
July 26, 2003

PostPosted: April 18, 2004 2:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sheri,

Welcome! I know that I would probably have smoking on my mind too, if I were in your situation. Smoking is a familiar way of dealing with stress. But there are other ways...better ways...things that won't hurt us as much as smoking will. There are millions of people who don't smoke, and deal with stressful things in their lives...you are now one on those people! I don't know what will help you to relieve your stress right now...maybe exercising? maybe writing in a journal? maybe talking to a friend? maybe coming to these boards and posting often? maybe praying?
Try to find those things that will help...but don't smoke...because we all know IT won't help at all!
I know you are in a difficult crossroads right now and I will pray for you and your Mom.

So happy to be quit and REALLY want to stay that way!!!

judi
quit date 7/26/03
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: April 18, 2004 9:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sheri

I'm sorry I must have missed your post. Glad your here and I'll keep your mom in my prayers. I'm glad you didn't smoke though, if you got through that you know you can go through anything and not smoke.

One month, three weeks, 20 hours, 59 minutes and 31 seconds. 763 cigarettes not smoked, saving $190.78. Life saved: 2 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes.

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > introductions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: