quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Forum on Fitness/Weight Issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2004 6:09 PM    Post subject: New Forum on Fitness/Weight Issues? Reply with quote

Kevin,
A suggestion for a new forum to consider....Maybe a forum for fitness and weight gain issues after quitting smoking. I know I am dealing with weight gain issues and so are others here at Woofmang. I think it would be great to get input from others and have a support system for those of us dealing with these certain issues.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 12, 2004 3:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

in light of the way the discussion was going in the "Name (now "Topic") suggestions for new forum" thread, i think it would be better to split this topic off into its own forum; thanks for the suggestion, Mindy - anyone care to take a stab at defining and naming this new forum? i think it should deal strictly with the physical side of quitting and the aftereffects of quitting (i.e., weight, fitness, and other physical health-related issues).

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: July 12, 2004 4:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I piped in over at the other spot, which now that I think about it I'm not sure where it was!!!!

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: July 12, 2004 5:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok- I gained 3 pounds the first 3 weeks of my quit and have now managed another 10-15. This despite working out almost daily in some form or the other.

I think that if my experience is at all typical (and it sounds like it may be) then an appropriate name for the new forum would be:

"Jiggling through Freedom" or "Where the hell did my feet go?"

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 12, 2004 6:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joshua wrote:
"Where the hell did my feet go?"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Marvel

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 12, 2004 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my name suggestions for this forum over at the end of the post at the new one since it sort of morphed over in the direction of naming this one. I'm really confused now! Very Happy

Marvel
QD 10/21/2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: