quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Memories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: April 18, 2004 7:38 PM    Post subject: Memories Reply with quote

Who wants take a walk with me. This walk doesn't exactly go anywhere except down our past lanes.

If you want to walk wieth me come and take my hand. and lets go.

I can remember when I was growing up on the farm the smell of the fresh sweet hay just harvested off the fields. I can remember going to my aunts farm just after the hay had been harvested for the cows she had a dairy farm and I as a little girl use to run all over the 80 or so acres they had. How I loved playing in those fields and walking barefoot through the fresh cow patties. They were all warm and squishy on my feetl It felt like having hand lotion only warm rubbed allover my feet. I know alot of people go Uck but it was great. As you can tell I was a farm girl born and bred. After messing around in the fields I would go to my aunts house and ask if I could go into the barn. There were new calves so tinny and cute. Aunt Elanor would say yes now scoot along and stay away from the hay loft. There are snakes there. And there were too. Rattlesnakes but if I stayed away from the hay and only played with the cows that were in the stantions then I would be fine. I would go and pet the calves for a while and they seem to think my fingers were their mother. They woiuld get ahold of my ring and middle finger and start sucking away. It felt strange their little mouths were velevty soft and rough all at the same time. And they had no teeth. I found that fasinating . And I would play with the barn cats most of which had never been held before I sure had alot of scratches.

Then it was time to go home How I hated having to leavie I loved the farm and all the animals and I loved aunt eleanor. But I wa young and free spirited and did not understand that we could not stay there forever.

So we went home.

Today it is like that I am finally going home to the farm again where I did not smoke and had no thoughts of it. I will be able to smell the cows and the sweetness that surrounds them like scented sunshine. The smell of cows and hay and warmth. I am returning to that time when I can once again smell those smells along with the green grass and fresh bloomed flowers, the smell of rain, or fish andmanymany oter things.

I invite you to join me on this jorney and quit today. I have now been quit for One week, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 9 seconds. 294 cigarettes not smoked, saving $50.78. Life saved: 1 day, 30 minutes. and I am so proud of myself you to can be come on I invite you to join me and quit

One week, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 49 seconds. 294 cigarettes not smoked, saving $50.78. Life saved: 1 day, 30 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: