quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not been around

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 6:06 AM    Post subject: Not been around Reply with quote

Hi all
I am sorry that the last few days I have been negligent on the boards. The demon took a friend of fifeteen years yesterday. His cancer was so bad that the doctors kept it from him. I found out it was cancer last night in the hosptial. Hard to expalin as to why nobody knew. In Japan the doctor's keep medical information from patients who are terminal. This is what the doctor told me last night, he said it helps with their spirits/moral. My friend Jimmy, may you rest in peace, and know that we your friends will take care of Fumiko, your loving wife. Go with God My Friend.
Jim
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 6:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 8:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry, Jim. Sometimes, life sucks.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
leen

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 9:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Jim.
I was wondering where you were.
My prayers are with you and his family.
Take care Jim and know that I am here.
leen

aunt leen
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 9:40 AM    Post subject: Re: Not been around Reply with quote

Jim wrote:
In Japan the doctor's keep medical information from patients who are terminal. This is what the doctor told me last night, he said it helps with their spirits/moral.

this probably seems a bit strange to us americans, but i think it's probably a great kindness:

i remember my father's last stay in the hospital; he was very ill, but remained stable for about 3 weeks while they performed a series of tests to find out what was wrong. they finally determined that it was cancer (again: he'd had half a lung removed a year and a half earlier; this was the lung cancer they thought they'd gotten, reappearing in his stomach), and when they told him, it was like he simply gave up; he died less than 24 hours after getting the news. of course, maybe he would've died that day anyway, whether they told him or not. but i wonder...

my thoughts are with you and Fumiko today.

kevin
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 10:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, I too have lost a friend, it was hard. We're here for you if you need us.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 11:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jim,

Yes, you've been missed on the boards but, knowing the reason, it's more than understandable.

There is so little one can say at a time like this other than I care. My prayers are with you and your friend's wife and family. How very sad.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 9:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thankyou all so much for such kind words. Kevin, I too agree that it is a good idea. Jimmy would have given up months ago if he had known. I am convinced he would have died six months ago if he had been told. Jimmy was a good man and so will be his memory. Again thankyou.
Jim
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: July 16, 2004 11:33 PM    Post subject: Sorry about your loss... Reply with quote

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My prayers are with you, his friends, family, and his wife.

This addiction is so sad...too many lives being shortened and it's our choice to continue to smoke or not.

I wish I had understood many years ago about this quit process. I just might have years behind my quit instead of months.

I will continue to count my blessings being thankful I am no longer in death grip of the demon.

Do I worry I waited to long? Not any more as I try to live one day at a time.

Worry is about as bad as the addiction. It too wastes the quality of our lives.

Again Jim...so many prayers heading for Japan, and a great big cyber hug.

Sandyz
Eight months, three weeks, two days, 6 hours, 29 minutes and 31 seconds. 12027 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,641.71. Life saved: 5 weeks, 6 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: July 17, 2004 10:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family and wife. I know how you feel we are going through a similar kind of illness in our family. I just found out my father is dying.

So know I can empathize with you and your friends family. God speed to you all and may the creator keep him safe in his arms.

Three months, five days, 23 hours, 45 minutes and 20 seconds. 3879 cigarettes not smoked, saving $669.23. Life saved: 1 week, 6 days, 11 hours, 15 minutes.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2004 4:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, So sorry to hear about your friend. I know that there is nothing any of us can say to make it any better right now short of saying we will think and pray for you and your friends family and know that we are always here for you. Good luck and God Bless!
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Croupier

Quit Date:
July 30, 2004

PostPosted: July 20, 2004 12:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my grand tradition, I am tardy. I am also sorry for your loss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: