quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exercise/Weight Loss (Wk 1)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you workout each week for at least 20 minutes?
1-2 times
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
3-4 times
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
5-7 times
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 22, 2004 4:12 PM    Post subject: Exercise/Weight Loss (Wk 1) Reply with quote

Thought it might be fun (or not so fun!!!) to check in weekly with how we are doing with our weight loss and fitness goals. This week has been very good for me. Woohoo!

I am doing Weight Watchers online and have stayed within my points range all week. Sometimes I find it hard to eat up all my points, plus I get 35 extra a week and then add in Activity points.

I have gone to the gym everyday this week and have done 45 minutes to 1 hour of cardio each day and lifted weights every other day. I actually ran on the treadmill today for 10 minutes. For me that is really good considering I haven't ran or even jogged in years. I will try to increase this until I can run the full 45 to 1 hour I allot for cardio each day. So far I am doing good...hope I can keep it up!

I have actually gained weight this week, but lost 1.5 inches in my waist, so I'll take it!!!!!

So how is everyone else doing this week?

Hugs,
Tonya
6M+

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 22, 2004 5:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tonya,

Thanks for posting this subject. I'm exercising 3-4 times weekly on the treadmill and will increase that. I visited my Cardiologist today and didn't want to do too much until I had checked with him. He gave me the go-ahead so I'm off. I felt pretty good, though, when he informed me that my weight is within the normal range for my height. Now if I could just redistribute it Laughing .

I'll be watching this subject. Hope you get lots of responses.

---
3m 1w 4d 20:19 smoke-free, 2,877 cigs not smoked, $556.56 saved, 1w 2d 23:45 life saved

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 22, 2004 5:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tonya, you didn't put a place on your poll for 0-1. Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
LadyHouck

Quit Date:
January 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 22, 2004 6:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Tonya!!! I didn't even notice that! I guess maybe I am being optimistic!!!!

Hugs!
Tonya
6M+

Tonya
3+ years!

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Erma Bombeck
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 22, 2004 8:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pushing it and begining to add sprints to my walk at the ripe ole age of 37! Laughing As my husband says, knees are easier to replace than lungs! LOL!!!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: July 23, 2004 11:24 PM    Post subject: Oh yeah.. Reply with quote

I do Yoga at least 3 to 5 times a week. Thanks for this post..I haven't got off my duff tonight and put in a DVD.

I try to convience myself when I work three 12 hour shifts I get enough exercise.

Another lie I tell myself.

I'll get on the move real soon. Smile

Sandyz
9 months breathing free...

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
jkolako796

Quit Date:
May 16, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2004 9:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week was not good for execise. I was flat out exhausted from my trip for several day after we got back. I ALMOST thought about going out for a run last night.

Today and tommorow are yard work days, so hopefully I can get my butt moving again.

I can definitley tell when I don't get enough exercise. My leg muscles get VERY tight, to the point that they hurt. I guess that is my body's way of saying "get off your lazy butt!" I should listen to it!

Joshua

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: July 24, 2004 12:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah .... I have an unfair advantage on this one. I've been running officer candidates all over Camp Ripley for the last week - usually for more than 20 minutes at a time. So .... If we do an hour in the morning, back and forth to the dining facility three times a day, back and forth to the education center three times a day, and then 'physical correction' (which I sometimes participate in as a 'motivator'), seven days a week, that adds up to somewhere around 50. God, no wonder I'm so tired!
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 24, 2004 4:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving is the Key!! I think the sooner the public realizes this the better off we'd all be. Forget the low carb thing. Everything in moderation, and I know there's always exceptions to the rule. I'm still struggling with my weight, but have learned that I can bitch and moan all I want. I'm in control of my destiny. I make sure to get off my duff at least 5 times a week for 45 minutes if not more. England was great for me. I walked at least 4 miles a day...not necessarily of my own choosing...lost about 5 pounds...inbetween the fish & chips and Indian food...mmmmm...Indian food[/i]

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 24, 2004 11:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nita wrote:
...mmmmm...Indian food

this is the food police! you! yes, you!! standing next to Chef! put down that Bhoona Gosht real slow-like, and back away from that table! now!! and keep your hands where i can see them.....

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 26, 2004 6:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, okay, okay. This forum keeps calling to me. I tried to ignore it, I tried to resist it, but to no avail. If you will let me count yesterday (pretty please with splenda on top) that puts me 2 for the first week with one free weight session (also yesterday.) There is no way I am in your league (sprints indeed Shocked ) but I know I need this. Why do we resist the things that will help us most? Maybe I should start a thread for Fluffy Quitters? Laughing

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: July 26, 2004 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes please Tonya, start that thread. I won't even post my activitie ( notice I didn't call it exercise) here. I feel like a kindergartener in a collage classroom. I am not in their leaque at all.
We could call our thread "love handles unite". Laughing
I am losing inches on the South Beach diet. Diet has always been effective for me to take off weight. But I do need to get going on my walking to get healthier.
My lands, I have quit drinking, quit smoking, damn near quit eating, can't I at least be lazy. Soon I will be healthy if I keep this up. Yipes.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 26, 2004 6:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol wrote:
.... can't I at least be lazy. Soon I will be healthy if I keep this up. Yipes.

Laughing LOL!!!! Laughing

This is why I love you guys so much! Thank you for keeping me sane and laughing through all of this! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Braveheart

Quit Date:
January 2, 2004

PostPosted: July 29, 2004 3:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in my tenth year of working out at the Gym and Oh, how I wish I had quit 3 or 4 years ago, so I could have kept the weight down easier
(menopause is not kind).

When my quit reached 6 months, I started to diet. I did my version of the low carb and calorie counted, I can last for about 3 weeks like that and then it begins to fall apart. I have allowed 10 pounds to assemble itself on my belly and hips and now I am increasing my workouts.

I try to do 4 cardio classes per week (my choice is advanced step aerobics) and at least one spinnig class. I mix in weight training three times a week and then go home and crash. heh heh

Before I quit smoking, all I had to do was 3 classes and 2 weight training to maintain my weight. Now it will take all that and more to lose this quit weight. I can't maintain that regimen as well as I could when I was 45, Wink but I try to go at least 4 days a week.

It will take a lot longer to lose at this time in my life, but slow is the way to go on losing those pounds anyway.

For those who have an idea of the symptoms of menopause, quitting at the very beginning of it was not a very wise thing. Rolling Eyes

Oh well, I wish everyone luck in their quest for smaller bodies Laughing

Connie

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Braveheart

Quit Date:
January 2, 2004

PostPosted: July 29, 2004 3:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in my tenth year of working out at the Gym and Oh, how I wish I had quit 3 or 4 years ago, so I could have kept the weight down easier
(menopause is not kind).

When my quit reached 6 months, I started to diet. I did my version of the low carb and calorie counted, I can last for about 3 weeks like that and then it begins to fall apart. I have allowed 10 pounds to assemble itself on my belly and hips and now I am increasing my workouts.

I try to do 4 cardio classes per week (my choice is advanced step aerobics) and at least one spinnig class. I mix in weight training three times a week and then go home and crash. heh heh

Before I quit smoking, all I had to do was 3 classes and 2 weight training to maintain my weight. Now it will take all that and more to lose this quit weight. I can't maintain that regimen as well as I could when I was 45, Wink but I try to go at least 4 days a week.

It will take a lot longer to lose at this time in my life, but slow is the way to go on losing those pounds anyway.

For those who have an idea of the symptoms of menopause, quitting at the very beginning of it was not a very wise thing. Rolling Eyes

Oh well, I wish everyone luck in their quest for smaller bodies Laughing

Connie

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: