quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Croupier

Quit Date:
July 30, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 1:11 AM    Post subject: failure Reply with quote

Call it backsliding, whatever. Call it what you will. I call it a failure of one day.

Today was supposed to be my quit day. I woke up dazed. Everything seemed to be coming at me from different angles. It was very bizarre. I held back until 5 pm, and then...

Still.

I only smoked seven low-nicotine cigarettes instead of the thirty medium-nicotine ones I usually smoke. My boyfriend thinks I'm pushing myself too hard. I'm going to keep going at this level (7 or fewer low-nicotine cigarettes) for a week, simply because...well, I was so spacey at work today that I got sent home, for one thing. And it's a failure of one day. I will not fail in my next quit (7 August). I will let myself free.

POSITIVES:
+ I used my planned alternate activities for my most important cigarettes, and they worked well
+ I discovered that I don't really like smoking
+ At least I'm being honest about my backsliding
+ I'm giving myself a timeframe that won't stress me out.
+ Smoked less than a fourth of the cigarettes I usually smoke in one day
+ Smoked lower-nicotine cigarettes than usual

NEGATIVES
- I'm so, so ashamed.
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 2:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Sorry you lost today's quit. So glad you set another quit date. You do not need to be ashamed! It is a rather usless emotion and not necessary here. Use the information you gained about backdoors and triggers to keep your next quit. Also try to post before you smoke next time, and give us a chance to try and support you through the bad time. Remember we are all in this together, and we are here for you. You are not a failure until you quit quitting.

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 4:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not be ashamed. Use the knowledge you gained to make the next Quit stick. You have our support. We know how hard this is. Smile

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 8:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Don't be ashamed! Your gonna make it next time. YOu haven't given up. Read Kevins tales. They will help you alot. And keep posting. We are here for you.

The people on this site are great!

May God Bless! Love, Londa

Hang in there Smile

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 8:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Don't be ashamed! Your gonna make it next time. YOu haven't given up. Read Kevins tales. They will help you alot. And keep posting. We are here for you.

The people on this site are great!

May God Bless! Love, Londa

Hang in there Smile

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
tsjay49

Quit Date:
January 1, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 9:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa Da Free:

Are you hitting your "refresh" button on your browser after making a post? That could be why you are getting double posts.

Tom

I have been quit for 6 Months, 4 Weeks, 1 Day, 10 hours and 6 minutes (212 days). I have saved $796.57 by not smoking 6,372 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 1 Day and 3 hours of my life.

If a person with Multiple Personality Disorder threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 10:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the great philosopher of baseball, Yogi Berra, once said, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

you don't say what excuse you used to justify smoking to yourself, and i'm not suggesting that you tell us, but you need to realize that - whatever it was - it was just a rationalization offered by your inner junkie so it could get its fix; it was not a valid reason to smoke.

there are no valid reasons to smoke.

any time you hear a thought that suggests that smoking is a valid response to anything, you can be sure it's the junkie talking, and you can safely ignore it.

the only way to quit is quit. (that sounds a little like yogi, too, doesn't it? Smile )

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 12:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Croupier,

So you slipped. You're now preparing to pick yourself up and begin again. That's the important thing here. Also, please take those two words out of your vocabulary; "failure" and "ashamed." There's no need to use either of them when you're talking about your quit.

Hang in, read whyquit.com and prepare for your permanent quit. It's coming and you're going to be ready when it gets here.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 31, 2004 2:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hey, I am sure that there are alot of us who have been in your shoes. Maybe it was not the stress but the fear that got to you. I used to be so afraid of quitting that it would overtake all the medical reasons why I should. Just a thought, certainly not telling you what you are feeling. I did, however, do something similar. Monday was my quit date and I had a horrible time that morning, it was pure hell. I held off as long as I could and lit one up. After a couple of puffs, I knew it was now or never so to speak so I took the plunge. It has not been as bad as I thought it would be.
Keep reading all the material and the posts and as Kevin told me it is a choice and has nothing to do with luck! We will be here if you need us.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
UB

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 7:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a practice day for quitting Confused Gave my cigs to my hubby and told him to only give them to me if I tried to kill him Laughing I found out that day what my worst triggers were. Consider it a practice day and carry on--if I can do it, anyone can.

Alice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: