quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ANOTHER MILESTONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 7:40 PM    Post subject: ANOTHER MILESTONE Reply with quote

Hi all! I just returned from vacation and am happy to say that I've completed another milestone. I took my first smokeless vacation and did it suck? Well, kind of. I wasn't miserable and had a great time but on a few occaisions I sure felt like something was missing and I knew exactly what it was. I also knew that I would get thru it but I have to admit that I was sure jealous of my husband who is having such an easy time with his quit. I guess this is just part of life beyond the smokescreen. I wasn't sad all week, I wasn't angry all week, I guess I was just stunned. I'm still surprised when this has such a mental effect on me because I really don't have nic fits anymore. I have to say that I did notice how much better I am physically. We went to a wave pool (my passion) and I spent hours in that pool. The smoking section was right across from the pool and while I thought that a smoke "sounded good" I realized that I wouldn't have had the stamina to spend so much time exercising in the pool. I also had to laugh because our vacation was in The Lake of the Ozarks and I had no idea how hilly it was there. If I were still a smoker, I think they would have had to air lift me back to Chicago Laughing Anyway, all in all it was a good time and I still need to keep crossing these milestones. As long as I know that someday this will go away, I will be waiting with raised fists to battle the next one Scowling Demon Thanks for listening. Kerry
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 7:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you were actually able to have fun and relax without poisoning yourself and polluting your environment multiple times every day?

what a concept!

Cool

thanks for sharing the good news, Kerry - it helps us all realize that there really is life beyond the smokescreen.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 8:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Kerry! You should be so proud of yourself and your hubby!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great going, Kerry Very Happy

Essie
4/14/04
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 10:38 PM    Post subject: Welcome home... Reply with quote

Wow Kerry, your vaction sounded wonderful. Of course you were in our neck of the woods...Lake of the Ozarks. I live in the Ozark mountains in Ark.

I never thought about it before but maybe I had more problems smoke/ breathing here than PA because we are so high. Although I lived in a mountaion area of PA.

I am so glad your vacation was smoke free one and you enjoyed your time.

Good to have you back and still smoke free. Free proud, this is a wonderful milestone.

Sandy
9 months breathing free

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
ms_tapestry

Quit Date:
October 21, 2009

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 5:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your smoke free vacation. It was great to read such a happy post this morning. Thanks! Very Happy

Tonya

You must do the very thing you think you cannot do.
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kerry,

FANTASTIC!! You're to be commended on keeping that quit alive and well. Glad you had such a nice vacation.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
ajc3436

Quit Date:
November 30, 2003

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 3:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
That is wonderful. Just goes to show you that you can do a vacation without somking just as well as you could when you smoked. Same as you can still drive a car, read a book, talk on the phone, and all the other things that are smoke triggers. Soon the cigs will be less and less on your mind.
Audrey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: