quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CHEAP SUIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 7:56 PM    Post subject: CHEAP SUIT Reply with quote

Ok. Vacation's over, quit's nearing three months and my favorite time of year is fast approaching. Time to get with the program so I don't continue my usual vicious cycle. Lose weight, quit smoking, gain weight, start smoking. SOOOOO, I am going to be all over this forum like a cheap suit. I'd love to hear weight loss ideas, exercise ideas for a person with bad knees, anything and everything you've got. Very Happy Looking forward to this new life. Kerry
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2004 8:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Kerry,
I am loving doing the 'Walk Away the Pounds' series with Leslie Sansone. Also I just started the Slim In 6 program--but I don't know if I'd recommend that for someone with bad knees. I also try to get out in the fresh air as much as possible to walk. It is very relaxing and energizing for me. Good luck in anything you try!
julie

Quit Date:
July 19, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 9:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry,

Maybe you could get in a water aerobics class at the "Y".

Keep up your AWESOME quit!!!

Julie

"Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering" (Heb. 10:32)
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 12:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kerry,

Good luck. I, too, am beginning my "new life" today. Going to watch my diet and increase my treadmill workouts. That's for this week. Next week I'll add some aerobics. I know I can get rid of this pesky weight. Just going to take determination.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Wanda

Quit Date:
March 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 1:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,

I know about the vicious cycle, but i still want you to be very careful. the quit should still be the most important, and its still fragile. the way to break the cycle would be not to ever go back to smoking, you can lose that weight over the next 20 years. I don't want to discourage you, but my 3rd month was hard, i wouldn't have made it with a diet to deal with to. i think the 3rd month was finally the acceptance month, and i was mean. mean, mean, mean, mean, mean!

so by all means watch what you eat, but don't open what sounds like a back door, and don't put so much pressure on yourself.

Wanda
Quit Date 03/15/04
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 2:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This month is already starting out hard but I am being strict with myself. No turning back no matter what. Too much depends on this quit. I'm determined to be one of the 10% who succeeds at quitting. I'm actually not worried so much about going back, but more worried about missing this habit forever. Anyway, you are right about one thing - I have my whole life to lose the weight. I just got back from the health club. I did treadmill and the bike and I took it slow. One step at a time for everything I guess. Rolling Eyes Kerry
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: August 2, 2004 7:31 PM    Post subject: You will not miss this... Reply with quote

Kerry...you will not miss this habit addiction forever. One day you'll look back and wonder why you ever fed the monster in the first place.

Always remember you are an addict and never take that one puff.

I believe it when you say this quit will stick for you. Some how when the quit is for real...you know it.

Keep moving one step at a time. You can do this.

Now I need to get back to the mat and get with my exercise program. (Almost as bad as the quit process)

Not really I always feel so much more alive when I move and can take deep breaths.

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Ben's Mom

Quit Date:
July 6, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2004 12:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kerry.....Nice to see you back and congratulations on staying smokefree during your vacation!

Be tough on yourself when you need to my friend, but don't make it a habit! Remember all the things you are doing right and don't forget to reward yourself....it is really important not to feel deprived any more than we have to in the beginning.

Practice patience with everything you do Smile

Laurie

I hope your dreams take you... to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known.
unknown author
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: